The wipers on my TR3 (later self parking wipers, prob DR3A) go off the screen at the left side. I have been thinking of ways to reduce the angle.

I'm wondering if I have what you want, & you have what I want !

Bob

19 minutes ago, Lebro said:

The wipers on my TR3 (later self parking wipers, prob DR3A) go off the screen at the left side. I have been thinking of ways to reduce the angle.

I'm wondering if I have what you want, & you have what I want !

Bob

That would be handy Bob

It should be inscribed on the cog what degree sweep they are provided no one has previously altered them.

Stuart.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lebro said:

OK, so mine is 130°  I guess I want a 120° as well !

Anyone know what it should be ?

Bob

DR2 and  DR3A use a different sized gear wheel.  

TR6 is different again.

I too have searched for a 120 degree small gear wheel for a DR2 motor.

I had wondered about fitting TR6 wheel boxes as they are larger diameter, therefore more teeth for a full rotation.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
Changed DR3 to DR2
7 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

DR3 and DR3A use a different sized gear wheel.  

TR6 is different again.

I too have searched for a 120 degree small gear wheel for a DR3 motor.

I had wondered about fitting TR6 wheel boxes as they are larger diameter, therefore more teeth for a full rotation.

Just had me rushing downstairs to check my wiper model No. !  it is a DR3A  which is good, 'cos I've just ordered a gear wheel for a DR3A from Steve Hunt (on ebay)

He can supply all sweep angles (except 150° at present)

I may have slightly longer wiper arms than standard because they do go off the bottom of the screen when fully over to the left side. 120° should fix that.

I will probably put my 130° one on ebay once I have swapped over, should get some of the outlay back !

Bob

29 minutes ago, Lebro said:

I made a mistake.

Just looked at the link you supplied.

The earlier TR3/3A used the DR2 not the DR3.    Not to worry if you have DR3A which has the larger gearbox housing like DR3 

Just for info -   The single speed DR3A motor Lucas part number for a (later)TR3 / 3A is 75446D, & the correct 130° gear is 54710866

Can't seem to find the part number for a 120° one.

Bob

Further to above, The gear 54710866 cannot be common to DR3's & DR3A's  because the 3A is self parking, & the peg on the gear wheel

has a slot in the top to hold the wiper contact. The DR3 does not have that. so gears cannot be the same (error in Lucas catalogue)

Here is all I have found out so far  (from various Lucas catalogues  may not be actually correct !!):

Model              motor          gear wheel    type      speed        sweep

TR3 - 59        75296A/D       743172        DR2       single        130°
TR3    59 -     75371B           744744        DR2       single        130°
TR4               75452              54713764   DR3A       ?              120°
TR5               75568B                               DR3A        ?               ?
TR6               75655A                               14W          ?               ?

Herald 62 -   75446D           54710866    DR3A single speed 130°  (My motor, now 120°)  

I have now fitted a 120° gear to my motor (apparently from a Herald !) & the sweep is now contained to the glass area.

Bob

Edited by Lebro

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.