TRIUMPH TR3 1957 TS, 18641. E registered in Spain

Hello T R Owners. I have a problem with cross threaded axle bolts that come through the break drum and fit to the splined wire wheel hub, I've inherited this problem. I'm changing break cylinders because of leakage,when I removed the four nuts / eight in all, three on each hub were tight, so I have them a good dose of three in one and slowly removed them, what I need to know is the bolt size and if they are UNF, or UNC, I have the means to chase them and also the nuts. I would appreciate your help and experience in resolving this problem. Since Bregzit its become very expensive to import parts for our cars, and 50% never arrive, they all go through Madrid first, and are held there until the value is checked and taxes paid. I've just received my break cylinders that were posted in March. Please help. I've not driven my Rosie since then Yours sincerely Alan Foreman.

If you have the Girling axle with screw-in studs, it's this item from Moss in Paris (no customs!) but there are two lengths -one for wire wheel hubs and a longer one for steel wheels.   These need to be peened in at the rear after fitting,  to stop them unscrewing: 

The threads are 7/16" UNF

https://www.moss-europe.fr/goujon-type-rayon-110365.html?assoc=114156 for wires and 

https://www.moss-europe.fr/goujon-roue-tole-100869.html?assoc=114153 for steel wheels 

There is also the option of changing to the later more secure splined type of stud used in the front hubs, which is pulled in from the rear rather than screwed in from the front. This old thread will explain:

Edited by RobH
Just now, M Foreman said:

Thank you for the warm welcome to your Forum. I'm possibly not explaining my situation very clearly. I've had a stroke that has left me with sequential dyslexia, I can't follow diagrams or verbal instructions, so in the future please be patient with me. The half shaft was pulled by me a few months ago to replace the inner ad outer axle seals, whilst removing the break drum the peened bolts were cross threaded because I found them difficult to remove at that first time of undoing them. I persevere as much as I can without asking for help, slowly slowly catchy monkey. My classic car club helps me with jobs, I have a garage full of tools that I can no longer use from OBA,  to big Witworth. So when I look at them, I feel diminished at the young age of 76, I'm not a bleeding heart, I'm very very positive in my outlook. And keep trying. ENOUGH of me. One more thing. I've had enough of me. The TR is 99% original, I have the original radiator with the crank hole. The wiring is new cloth bound. I've owned the TR for six years and love it, or on the other side of the coin it owns me. Thank you for being patient with me. Looking forward to a long relationship with the Forum.