Replacement chassis and Heritage bodyshells affects on prices?

If you are a "polisher" and live in fear of the tool box then buying the right import is the best bet.

If you like to tinker and have to have a project on the go decide how big a project you want to take on in in terms of time and potential cost double it and go for that.

The hobby in the end has something for everyones ability and pocket.

Me I'm at the rusty end of the spectrum! 

On 8/28/2023 at 7:28 PM, Motorsport Mickey said:

What do you mean this section ? 

This was made by a TR forum member in the correct manner using full scale steel presstools (he worked at a toolmakers, and used the press also). The dimensions and crispness of these panels is excellent and as you can see from the fit here is identical to the factory fit, he approached many of the TR suppliers but none were prepared to order panels for their stocks (they gave the reason they wanted a complete assembly which would include the "toe board" in front of the pressed panel) ...load of BS. That wouldn't make the panel more attractive except of course they would be charging a increased price for the part section inclusive.

He sold a bunch of these panels to TR owners including myself, I'm a Toolroom engineer by trade and the crispness and fit of these panels exactly reproduces the OEM panels from Stanpart. If you can find one... buy it.

Mick Richards

t 93.64 kB · 0 downloads 329914473_Seatfloorfitted.thumb.jpg.c2e85825d7db6243f18b8ade03290534.jpg

1171981726_Rearseatpanel-mounted.thumb.jpg.fd342c7ceacc0a27099d623827cf821a.jpg

Wow it’s been a long time since I saw my six like this, and yes these panels produce by Steve were a masterpiece. FYI Steve has now sold the presses onto heritage, not sure if they are in production yet. After pic below.

Mark

IMG_4208.thumb.jpeg.c40232a4d7f1d2ec042240d0166bcef0.jpeg

Don’t know how I feel about that, if they perform as normal in 18 months and if they  judge there are not enough panels being ordered, they’ll sell the dies for scrap !

Mick Richards

2 hours ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Don’t know how I feel about that, if they perform as normal in 18 months and if they  judge there are not enough panels being ordered, they’ll sell the dies for scrap !

Mick Richards

Yep they have "History" for that.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, saffrontr said:

Its a 1969 model TR6 Ken, which does indeed have the beading.

Derek 

I wondered if that might be the case. Perhaps I should re-read Bill Piggots book. 
Mine is a 1970…no beading. 
if it’s a 1969… where are those ugly rostyle wheels?

The first TR6 I saw was in Cuffly in summer ’69, I was so disappointed to see those skinny wheels with the rostyle trims.

I know…. Lots of people love em! 
Not me.

Maybe I was just sad to see the demise of the TR5.

ken.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

I've posted this before.

You could 'shell out' for one of these.

Delivery to Moss in the 1980/90's1954491664_TR6Shells.thumb.jpg.e62dcdac21f86338c7affd1cd8b8a466.jpg

Sitting outside in the weather just like at British Leyland ;):lol:

Stuart.