Cleaning my engine bay….again

My engine bay gets so dirty and is a pain to clean.  I don’t enjoy it. 
I have to admit to having cleaned it up a few times now in the last 6 months BUT in the full 8yrs of ownership I have NEVER cleaned the bodywork. This might surprise a few, or maybe not ;)

9F0F3A3E-68A3-49EE-8540-0AB16DDA60FD.jpeg

99BD4287-D33A-47CB-80B6-CBD59874AD76.jpeg

Edited by lee
20 hours ago, lee said:

My engine bay gets so dirty and is a pain to clean.  I don’t enjoy it. 
I have to admit to having cleaned it up a few times now in the last 6 months BUT in the full 8yrs of ownership I have NEVER cleaned the bodywork. This might surprise a few, or maybe not ;)

9F0F3A3E-68A3-49EE-8540-0AB16DDA60FD.jpeg

99BD4287-D33A-47CB-80B6-CBD59874AD76.jpeg

Very nice engine bay :-)

That engine must pack a few punches!  Interesting "distributor" :-)

/NP

2 hours ago, 62-tr4-DK said:

Very nice engine bay :-)

That engine must pack a few punches!  Interesting "distributor" :-)

/NP

Thanks

that a take off for cam timing.  

Tasty set up Lee. What ecu you using?

Are you using the cam to dictate spark timing, crank or both?

Suspect the rest of the running gear is suitably shiny and in need of constant cleaning ;)

Andy

21 hours ago, PodOne said:

Tasty set up Lee. What ecu you using?

Are you using the cam to dictate spark timing, crank or both?

Suspect the rest of the running gear is suitably shiny and in need of constant cleaning ;)

Andy

Thanks. 
It’s a MaxxEcu 

Pick up on Dizzy to synchronise injector timing. Sensor on crank pulley for spark

Well diff and lamora shafts new, as is gearbox.  I’m yet to work on suspension, though not rusty (CA Car) I might get bored enough over winter to take it all apart 

6 minutes ago, lee said:

Thanks. 
It’s a MaxxEcu 

Pick up on Dizzy to synchronise injector timing. Sensor on crank pulley for spark

Well diff and lamora shafts new, as is gearbox.  I’m yet to work on suspension, though not rusty (CA Car) I might get bored enough over winter to take it all apart 

Wow I would have sworn your car had triple webbers, I feel a bit lost with modern technology on older cars :unsure::D

16 hours ago, Kiwifrog said:

Wow I would have sworn your car had triple webbers, I feel a bit lost with modern technology on older cars :unsure::D

Yeah they’re designed to look like Webers. 

Lee, one thing I found out about EFI yesterday (I have been on EFI since 2010) if you have less than 12.4v in your battery and when cranking to start it will fail to open up the injectors. This happened to me and my mate Dan put me on to it. As I had not used it for awhile which is unusual for me the battery got a tad too low.

Charged the battery up and started first turn of key

Regards Harry

20201211_120700_resized.jpg

20210111_135835.jpg

7 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

Lee, one thing I found out about EFI yesterday (I have been on EFI since 2010) if you have less than 12.4v in your battery and when cranking to start it will fail to open up the injectors. This happened to me and my mate Dan put me on to it. As I had not used it for awhile which is unusual for me the battery got a tad too low.

Charged the battery up and started first turn of key

Regards Harry

20201211_120700_resized.jpg

20210111_135835.jpg

Yes, good point and one I’ll look out for. 
I have experienced this on other cars and notably more recently on my nippers esprit. 

Classic case of it using all the juice to crank