Valencia TR5 on EBay…

Interesting way to secure a battery!

I'd love to have a 5 to sit along side the 6 but if 38k is for a scruffy one I'd need a lottery win!

What's a basket case going for?

Andy

Don’t really understand the 2 bonnet pics. One has a badge and looks ok, ish. Second one, no badge and some hefty scratches?
Tim

Edited by Tim T
18 minutes ago, Tim T said:

Second one, no badge and some hefty scratches?

No badge but I don't think those are scratches, they're reflections  of trees. 

I experienced last week (and not for not the first time!) that it is hard to assess a car from pictures.

In an add I saw a very nice looking TR250 for sale in Holland, including surrey top, claimed to have been extensively restored. It was sensitively priced.

When we viewed the car in the showroom, it was fabulous, and we agreed on a sale….with one condition from my side: I wanted to inspect it on a lift (and drive it). Only then we saw the corrosion on the chassis (the poorly powder-coated film flaked off, with water creeping in the crevice), additionally, the paint at the bottom of the sills showed it was not properly repaired, it peeled off. So who know what else was hiding in there.

It was said to be professionally restored.

So for those interested to buy a TR: go and inspect the car, also on a lift. And take an experienced enthousiast with you if you are not familiar with doing this.

Waldi

3 hours ago, Waldi said:

I experienced last week (and not for not the first time!) that it is hard to assess a car from pictures.

In an add I saw a very nice looking TR250 for sale in Holland, including surrey top, claimed to have been extensively restored. It was sensitively priced.

When we viewed the car in the showroom, it was fabulous, and we agreed on a sale….with one condition from my side: I wanted to inspect it on a lift (and drive it). Only then we saw the corrosion on the chassis (the poorly powder-coated film flaked off, with water creeping in the crevice), additionally, the paint at the bottom of the sills showed it was not properly repaired, it peeled off. So who know what else was hiding in there.

It was said to be professionally restored.

So for those interested to buy a TR: go and inspect the car, also on a lift. And take an experienced enthousiast with you if you are not familiar with doing this.

Waldi

Got a link to the ad Waldi?

Stuart.

13 hours ago, Tim T said:

Don’t really understand the 2 bonnet pics. One has a badge and looks ok, ish. Second one, no badge and some hefty scratches?
Tim

Perhaps theyd just placed the badge there and it slid off hence the scratch ;):lol:

Stuart.

13 hours ago, PodOne said:

Interesting way to secure a battery!

I'd love to have a 5 to sit along side the 6 but if 38k is for a scruffy one I'd need a lottery win!

What's a basket case going for?

Andy

Theyre still consistently making around £18-20k which doesnt really leave much room to restore.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
3 hours ago, stuart said:

Theyre still consistently making around £18-20k which doesnt really leave much room to restore.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart

Still too rich for me given the cost of parts even with my free labour. But you never know!

Andy

3 hours ago, stuart said:

Got a link to the ad Waldi?

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

I have sent you an e-mail.

Cheers,
Waldi