TR6 bonnet earth braid

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I could get hold of a replacement bonnet earth braid (at least I think that’s what it is!).

I can’t see one even listed on websites such as Rimmers etc.. and mine is definitely past it’s best!
You can just about make it out in the attached photo, in the top left hand corner..

Thanks in advance!

Richard

IMG_2714.jpeg

I haven't got one on my TR but in other cars Ive made one by buying a battery strap with flat bolt on terminations at both ends  then cutting the insulation off. If you leave the insulation on the strap is too rigid.

6 hours ago, Mike C said:

I haven't got one on my TR but in other cars Ive made one by buying a battery strap with flat bolt on terminations at both ends  then cutting the insulation off. If you leave the insulation on the strap is too rigid.

It was sometimes fashionable in the 1970s to fit them to help to suppress RF interference??? I made one from welding wire which is super flexible it made no difference. Don't bother!

Bruce.

43 minutes ago, astontr6 said:

It was sometimes fashionable in the 1970s to fit them to help to suppress RF interference??? I made one from welding wire which is super flexible it made no difference. Don't bother!

Bruce.

Bonnet earth straps were a popular solution to RF interference affecting CB radios in the mid 1970's , I don't know why they were made with such  high capacity  duty conductor strap. The TR's metallic bonnet and catch would probably serve the same purpose as the strap.