Brian Chidwick

I have received this sad news from Phil Sanford, Lea Valley Group Leader:

Just heard from Lynda that Brian passed on the morning of 26th at 10.45am, at home with Lynda and his daughter Sarah by his side, listening to Ruby Tuesday by the Rolling Stones. He was taken away wearing a TR Register T shirt and LVG sweatshirt and of course jeans.

Brian was a founding member of the LVG and and held many committee positions over the years. He achieved his ambition to be at the LVG's 50th celebration in January. He was able to meet up with many old friends and renew acquaintanceships. He had been suffering from cancer for several years and had bravely fought back against the disease but sadly succumbed this morning.

I will let you have details of the funeral arrangements once I have them, as no doubt several of you would like to attend and we can plan as a Group what tribute we can pay to him.

I have known Brian for decades, and, like him, was a founder member of the LVG.  Brian ran the Register's Spares News for quite a time, was a strong supporter of the LVG in his TR3A with Lynda at his side, and had been the Editor of the Group's excellent magazine, Trunnion, for a number of years.

Another one of the really good guys now lost to us.

Ian Cornish

Sad news, I was following his health via his facebook postings, hospitals and return home, and hoped that he would make a recovery.
Condolences to his family
Ian

Very sad news. Condolences to Lynda and his children and many grandchildren who adored Brian, I too followed his Facebook journey.

Edited by SuzanneH

Really sad news. Brian was a stalwart of the club. His views were well known and he will be sadly missed. My condolences to his family. 

This is really sad news. 

I too have followed his journey and I'm glad that he was able to be at home and get to see his family.

I met him a few times over the years and he was always keen to chat.

Sending condolences to Lynda and his family.

Roger

Hi Roger,

I know that a tribute will appear in TR action, including words from Ian Cornish.

May i ask you and other readers to please look at the Lea Valley Group website ....approx mid-June ...when TRUNNION will be published.   I have yet to write it and am about to go on holiday.

Thanks,

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

14 TRs were present at Brian's funeral on Monday 12 June, including 4VC.

A tribute will appear in TR action 346.   An extended tribute to Brian will appear in "The TRunnion" by the end of this week .....please dial up TR Register Lea Valley Group and click on Newsletter.

Thank you,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I knew I had seen it but couldn't find a link.  I looked into the Lea Valley site and found the Trunnion.

So it is there  -  not the easy to find.

This last couple of months have been grim.  Losing Brian and then a long term friend last Monday week and then few days later the wife of a good friend.

Sadly we are of an age where deaths become a frequent event.

Roger