Jenvey throttle bodies

What length Jenvey Throttle Bodies (DCOE type) have those of you using them installed? The 90mm look like a good option but is there any advantage to using the 118mm items. I am fitting them to a webcon inlet manifold.

Thanks

Chris

No idea what I’ve got though they’re the Heritage jobbies but can timing giving me sequential injection 

20360026-27AA-44B4-B1A3-C003B3E13096.jpeg

Edited by lee

Hi Lee,

I am going for the standard style throttle bodies and looking at the drawings for the heritage units you have they are the same length as the 118mm units so may stick with those. Just a bit concerned about having room for an airbox or filters.

Chris

Edited by TRsixchris

When you say Webcon inlet manifold, is it stamped with Webcon ?  I am familiar with: Cannon/ TWM / & Bastuck ? 

The real advantage for clearance here is if you have the later 6, with full recess in the wheel arch (unlike the TR5 & early TR6), which is much shorter.  This will allow a decent sized, bespoke airbox.

I run a Cannon inlet, with Jenvey throttle bodies, and adjustable (length), trumpets, with a full recess o/s wheel each.  It will allow X3 Ram Air filters (sponge) to be fitted.

3 minutes ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

This is an early TR6, with Bastuck inlet, & Jenvey throttle bodies. Note the reduction in size of trumpet and short recess of wheel arch being demonstrated.

TR6 Rollio 4.jpg

Dont you find 1 and 6 run differently to the others with the shorter trumpets or does the ECU work out a compromise?

Stuart.

Just now, stuart said:

Dont you find 1 and 6 run differently to the others with the shorter trumpets or does the ECU work out a compromise?

Stuart.

I will be honest, this particular car is not mine, so I cannot comment. However, the Mallard Blue 6 pictured above this is mine, but has equal trumpet lengths, with no restrictions.

I've got the jenvey heritage bodies on bastuck with ramair filters. This on a very late build 5. Photo shows central body with the filter removed for indication of space. If relevant and any help I can take measurements - let me know where from and to ?

Mike.

16837261571346037449505787998685.thumb.jpg.1abf09ee163216957bf057806a51a378.jpg 

22 hours ago, TRsixchris said:

Hi Lee,

I am going for the standard style throttle bodies and looking at the drawings for the heritage units you have they are the same length as the 118mm units so may stick with those. Just a bit concerned about having room for an airbox or filters.

Chris

Airbox for cool air induction is very important. 
thus us a bespoke box I obtained from someone here iirc.  Filter is housed up front as per original 

Thanks for all the replies. The Webcon manifold is the same pattern as the Cannon but in all honesty not as nicely made/finished.

The 90mm bodies look like the better option allowing more room for trumpets, filters etc. 

Chris