Good morning all. I have received a reply to my ad. for my TR6 and it seems to good to be true, so yes it almost certainly is as we know. has anybody else seen or heard of this email address ?     deuxraymond674@gmail.com

Regards.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFreak said:

Good morning all. I have received a reply to my ad. for my TR6 and it seems to good to be true, so yes it almost certainly is as we know. has anybody else seen or heard of this email address ?     deuxraymond674@gmail.com

Regards.

If the reply says something like "send me the price and photos"  and doesn't mention the item for sale, and either no phone number or a clearly made up number, then it almost certainly is so just delete

cheers Rich 

It was precisely that sort of email (s) that I received when I used to sell on this site's web page 'classifieds' section.  It was that intrusion which has deterred me from selling anything through it.  I have a few items I would like to sell but am at a loss as to where to offer them without losing my shirt in fees.  Any suggestions?

23 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

It was precisely that sort of email (s) that I received when I used to sell on this site's web page 'classifieds' section.  It was that intrusion which has deterred me from selling anything through it.  I have a few items I would like to sell but am at a loss as to where to offer them without losing my shirt in fees.  Any suggestions?

Because of your experience, just tell us about them here!

John.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also been approached by this person (April 2023) but decided not to engage with them.  Seems that I made the right decision.  Did send email to the Register but as yet no reply.