Sprint and Hillclimb Championship

It all starts again next Saturday 25 March at Cadwell Park.  Entry list is:

114 Kev Bryant TR3A 2138cc

115 Howard Holdcroft TR4 2138cc

116 Robert Mead TR4 2218cc

117 Shaun Roche Dolomite Sprint 1998cc

118 Len Olds TR4 2393cc

119 Martin Dyson GT6 2000cc

Due to a number of withdrawals, there are still a few places available. Online entry will be open until 6.00pm on Thursday 23 March. So, if anyone you know is keen to compete, BARC Midlands will be delighted to welcome them at Cadwell Park.

Cadwell March 26th 2022 Pic.png

Edited by kevin bryant
missed something
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I think I’m ready for the new season. 
regs and number allocated for Curborough at the end of the month. 

B47494AA-7A46-463D-805B-0F71C394231D.jpeg

9 minutes ago, brenda said:

Hopefully see you there I’ll wander down for a look round again, don’t think you’ll be going down our road with your car being that low with our speed humps and pot holes.

Mike Redrose Group 

be great to see you. Sadly only  4 in our class. 2x TR6, full race dolomite sprint, and my old 3a.
probably the oldest car there ?

your road was my test drive route Mike. 
ok if I have the wheels on the bumps and not straddle them going slow.

On 4/8/2023 at 1:32 PM, Hamish said:

Well I think I’m ready for the new season. 
regs and number allocated for Curborough at the end of the month. 

B47494AA-7A46-463D-805B-0F71C394231D.jpeg

Your car looks like it needs the hand brake cable support spring attaching to it to hold it up to towards the tunnel.   There is a tag on the edge of the tunnel to floor joint that the spring clips through/into.   Consequences of no spring are possible cable snag on road or the cable twists round and rubs against the rear flexible brake hose.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a nice run over to Curborough Sprint Track this morning to have a look at Hamish and his newly lowered TR. Only 4 Triumphs running in the Register Hill & Sprint Championship. Track was a bit slippery on first run so not to many fast times were set but the track was starting to dry out as the sun came out so hopefully some P/B should be achieved. A few other TRs watching.

Mike Redrose Group 

IMG_1707.jpeg

IMG_1708.jpeg

IMG_1709.jpeg

IMG_1710.jpeg

IMG_1711.jpeg

IMG_1712.jpeg

Nice to see you Mike and great pics. 
we all had great hopes for the weather. Started wet to damp for first 2 practice runs. The lunch break was hot and sunny and the first timed run was looking promising. However as our class assembled the heavens opened and I ( being in an open car) didn’t need flameproofs I needed a wet suit.

the rain settled in for the afternoon 

see the results here

http://resultsman.co.uk/LiveTiming/EventViewer.php?DB=Resultsman&EventID=1714&Mode=0&Trap=6&GroupID=34113

Hopefully 2nd on the day with 82.09 

no way could I beat Len olds (75.29) full race (circuit)  tr4 but on “SLICKS” !!! He is on another level and our champion for last 2 years. 

as for the handicap I think it may be similar or with Conrad moving up as I think he is a class 1 car ?order  this is the bogey/target times list( we only have dry times) I set the 2a Curborough time last year.

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/uploads/2023/01/10/bogeys-rev1-2023.pdf

i didn’t feel that the mods made any difference to be honest. But then again it was very damp in practice, brand new tyres ( with about 5/6 road miles on them.) And no timings available in practice a Tech glitch to display apparently. 
Some fails sadly for track limits.

(This track limits issue will be a talking point moving forward I’m sure as MSUK are changing the rules and the officials themselves yesterday weren’t clear if they applied to speed events eg sprints)

then the worst time for constant rain about 30mins before our first timed run that set in for the afternoon. So all day was wet in racing terms.

to rub salt into the weather wounds when we left it was apparent that there had been no rain just a mile away. 

oh yeah the overdrive didn’t work.  Old style relay clicks but nothing else.

an elec issue will be the cheapest issue. However I really don’t understand elecs over + and - and wiring a plug. 
but just to have a look it’s seat and gearbox cover out. And I have a revington logic box to complicate things for me. 
shelsley Walsh next Sunday and I like od 3rd there. 

A8D6C32A-D09A-4676-8521-94632375A28C.jpeg

Edited by Hamish

Curborough was Wet so not too fast but still sounds ok. 

thanks for the pictures Mike 

Shelsley on Sunday do fingers crossed for the dry. 

Thanks for posting Hamish. Was hoping to pop along after enjoying the day there last year but the 6 is STILL in the workshop.

Good to see the tricky days as well as the good ones. Not really a fair workout of the new mods. Pain about the overdrive though. There are lots of elements to check before removing the seat / gearbox cover and a lot of discussion here to help as ever. Ask me how I know…! 

Looking forward to hearing about SW. 

Miles

Shelsley today started greasy  after a very wet Saturday but the sun was out and the track improved. Sadly caught quite a few out - but not in the tr class  

hopefully video to follow

04718CA9-F3F9-4D4B-B979-88F226A13EFC.jpeg

D45DB186-F4C0-4A5E-B853-61F708D5D484.jpeg

3EADC0F6-267A-4BDA-BE3A-6D101B7C3B75.jpeg

2EFF86C3-8F66-46C1-BD97-A8BBFF128578.jpeg

0010936F-E35B-490C-8691-4E04F2469ECE.jpeg

Edited by Hamish

Not surprised Roger took it a bit steady after last year, certainly looks like a third live run would have been beneficial for everyone. I didn't fancy the journey for a short day having done three in the last week, but I'm booked for the September meet - you at that one?

1 hour ago, Chilliman said:

Not surprised Roger took it a bit steady after last year, certainly looks like a third live run would have been beneficial for everyone. I didn't fancy the journey for a short day having done three in the last week, but I'm booked for the September meet - you at that one?

No can’t do that one, we have a family wedding that weekend. 

CVB6H returns to the road after an LSD rebuild and a new bearing in the diff.  After that, an oil & filter change, and new brake m/c.  Great to be back in the pilots arm chair and enjoying the little bit of sun we had at the weekend.  Still revving hard to the shift light & beyond.

LSD6.07.05.23.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

TR Register Car Club 2023 Scottish Weekend At The Doune Hillclimb, and as a bonus we were able to watch the car’s racing up the hill. Just a few of the triumphs racing up the hill and the last photo is the club cars at the top after a run up the hill (but not in anger, 

Mike Redrose Group 

IMG_8388.jpeg

IMG_8384.jpeg

IMG_8396.jpeg

IMG_8405.jpeg

IMG_8411.jpeg

IMG_8415.jpeg

IMG_8462.jpeg