TR2 unknown windscreen bracket

Hello All, 

I have just spotted a windcreen bracket in a spare parts catalogue of which I did not know it does exist (Pos 24/25) . My car does not have it fitted.

Can anyone provide a picture of how the fitting looks like ?

Cheers

Oliver

1233.png

It sits under the mirror and the rubber buffer goes up against the screen you can see it here in this shot with screen removed.

Stuart.

079chromecapbolts.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

no crack yet, but very happy  for the lesson :D  - Ordered immediatly and retrofit already. Interetsing to see the original one as it is painted with wrinkle paint...

Regards

Oliver

Crinkle black matches the mirror stem and its back plate.  

A bit of 1950’s luxury?

Be sure to check the rubber buffer is secure in the bracket, as it might get lost when aeroscreens are fitted 

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
On 3/13/2023 at 6:26 PM, Drewmotty said:

Cars without the bracket can usually be identified by the crack up the centre of the windscreen :o

When I rebuilt my 3A in 1982ish I bought a new screen. With the bracket in place so much effort was required to get the screen anywhere near fitting it was clear that there was a serious chance of cracking the screen in the process - so I left it off! 

All been fine since with a bit of rubber stuck to the back of the mirror stalk.

The screen came from Pilkingtons - so if you have anything other than the original screen - take care!1

Phil.