Mr. William Mount - TR3A inner fulcrum pin

• John Morrison changed the title to Mr. William Mount - TR3A inner fulcrum pin

Bill as said above whilst Revington do list them.  They are really part of the make up of the chassis.

you can get away with some pitting as you can fully grease/copper slip the metal sleeve then fit your choice of flexible bushes.

If it needs replacing because its bent then its far easier (though its an engine out job) to replace the whole assembly in one go as per pictures below.

Stuart.

Chris Veal ts57995 039.jpg

Chris Veal ts57995 041.jpg

Chris Veal ts57995 045.jpg

Y'now, you paint it Black and it looks like it's been there the last 60 years ! ...although not rusty, probably the only way to tell.

Mick Richards

Dear Fellow posters,

thanks for all the advice and pictures, Yes the pin is in poor condition and it looks like the sleeve has been 'rotating' in stead of being gripped by the compression force of the end nuts. The end plates are also worn on their inner faces where the sleeve has been rotating. The new nylon bushes are a very tight fit on the sleeve leaving me in doubt that any lubricant can reach the moving parts, I am advised to assemble using silicon grease. I understand that the fulcrum pin is welded in place and is 'part of the chassis'  Revington offer a new pin so I assumed the old one is removable!

2 minutes ago, bill mount said:

Revington offer a new pin so I assumed the old one is removable!

Well it is but with a huge amount of difficulty due to its location hence the method I use illustrated above.

Stuart.

Revington do a repair sleeve for the damaged end of the fulcrum pin.   Cut off the mangled bit, slip on the repair part, locate correctly and weld in place.

They may even offer the plates too.

https://www.revingtontr.com/product/rtr7542/name/repair-pin-lower-inner-fulcrum-tr2-4

On 2/4/2023 at 9:25 PM, bill mount said:

Dear Stuart, interesting images and thanks for the advice. Do you know where the Fulcrum pin is welded to the chassis mounting ?

Regards Bill

Its welded in four places, the two outer ears that go down to the chassis and the two sides of the engine mounting structure.

Stuart.