Spare Parts Available at Stoneleigh Spares Day - 12th February

As many don't appear to look in the "For Sale" forum above, I've copied my post in there for ease of reference:

"Hi everyone - just a quick heads up that I will be having a stall ( 342C in Hall 2A ) at the Stoneleigh Spares day on the 12th February.

I am looking to significantly pare down my surplus parts in order to make a big dent in my pile, so everything will be priced to reflect this - come and grab a bargain!

I can't list all the parts here, not can I take all my parts to Stoneleigh, but if you are planning on going to Stoneleigh, please PM me with any requirements and your contact details so we can discuss further - I can then make sure to take any relevant parts along for you to look at, assess and hopefully buy!

To give you a flavour, but by no means exhaustively, I list below some of the parts I will be bringing:

Chassis Sections, blasted & primed to use for repairs, new UK made top quality propshafts, 2 sets of fully reconditioned 175 CD Strombergs fitted to TR4 manifolds complete with all linkages, 1 pair of HS6 SUs on a 4A manifold with all linkages, TR3/4 blasted & coated cast exhaust manifolds, TR4A top quality recored Stanpart radiators, standard, plastic and 6 blade tropical fans, OE sleeved thermostats, V & C uprated lever arms, Dave Davies fuel pumps, EP Services, guaranteed for life, 4 pot water pumps & pulleys, refurbished water pump to block housings and distributor pedestals with rev counter drives, TR2-6 reconditioned starter motors & dynamos, TR3-6 wiper motors ( incl 2 speed 4A/5 ones), OE relaquered american walnut dashes, TR4 radiator cowls, rechromed TR4/4A/5  front & rear bumpers and over riders, chromed 4 pot rocker covers, Past Parts refurbished calipers, TR4/4a brake & clutch master & slave cylinders, TR5/6 OE clutch slave cylinders, TR4A reconditioned trailing arms, TR4/4A/5/6 OE reconditioned steering racks, heavy duty 4 pot engine mounts ( L/R), replated steering column clamps, TR4/4A RHD pedal sets, TR4A RHD metal dash, new handbrake cables with all fittings, TR4/4A used heater units x 2, 1 pair of TR4 seat runners, 1 pair of TR4A-6 seat runners, used 4 pot crank for refurb + loads more.

As already stated, this is not an exhaustive list but hopefully gives you a flavour of what I've got.

Look forward to hearing if anyone has any requirements 

Cheers Rich "

53 minutes ago, stillp said:

Rich, have your refurbished Strombergs been polished?

Pete

Pete - only lightly as part of the overall refurbishment - they have not been done to a mirror finish - see attached photos which hopefully speak for themselves!

Cheers Rich

IMG_3646.jpg - Resized.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg - Resized.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg - Resized.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg - Resized.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg - Resized.jpg

IMG_3650.jpg - Resized.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg - Resized.jpg

Edited by rcreweread

I have the same manifold but with SUs.  I have often wondered what bolted on to the extension below the RH carb inlet.  I use it as a support for my alternator heat shield.

Rgds Ian

PS Nice looking finish on the Strombergs.

Pete - no probs - each to his own. 

I'm sure it wouldn't be very difficult to tone them down, but at that price, they are a give away so I couldn't justify doing it myself.

I'm not doing anymore sets otherwise I could do a set specifically to your spec.

Cheers Rich 

Paul - don't know whats going on but I haven't got any messages in my forum mailbox and it's not full - I've tried searching it for "clutch Master Cylinder"  and your name , but nothing comes up. If you have PMed before, it's probably had to have been deleted because of the pathetically low capacity, and once deleted all the info is lost forever.

I've also searched my emails, spam folder and my contacts but cant find anything - I'll try sending you a test PM

Cheers Rich 

Just sorting out some of my dynamos and starters to take to Stoneleigh - dynamos start from £80 and starters from £100 - all have been professionally reconditioned. 

With the advent of LED lights etc, the requirement to replace traditional dynamos with alternators is greatly reduced so just make sure your old dynamo system is working well and replace like for like. Similarly, we have all been seduced into buying and fitting high torque starters at much greater cost - there has been quite a lot of recent anecdotal evidence of these starting to become unreliable after not that many years - consider how long the original starters lasted - food for thought and for less than half the price of a high torque one !

PM me if interested

Cheers Rich

IMG_0287 (1).jpg

IMG_0286 (1).jpg

IMG_0284 (1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Besalu said:

A general Q about buying parts @ Stoneleigh Rich.

Is it cash only or do vendors accept cards?

Thanks, Richard

Richard - from my point of view I prefer cash as I don't have a card reader - however if push comes to shove, I can check my bank account so if a purchaser is able to send money to my bank account, then that can work, although obviously time consuming.

If you are also asking about other vendors, then I'm sure the professional traders will take cards/phone payments etc but I suspect most of the non traders won't, but I might be wrong! 

It doesn't help that there isn't a cash machine at Stoneleigh ( well I'm sure I read that somewhere on their marketing blurb)

Cheers Rich

PS - Bacon butties are always good currency!!! Followed by sausage rolls :D

Terry - I've got one which I will look out and photograph for you tomorrow as it's buried in my shed - from what I can recall it was really good. Are you going to Stoneleigh on Sunday so you could collect? If you send me a PM ( personal message - click on my avatar next to one of my posts and it will give you the option to send me a private message) with your contact details and phone number, I can email you the photos etc.

Shame you don't want a 4A as I have a shelf full of original Stanpart ones which have been very nicely recored, and I need the space! They will be on my stall at Stoneleigh next sunday so hopefully I won't be bringing them all the way back home!

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheers Rich