As I progress towards the end of my ‘58 TR3A rebuild my mind turns towards the bright work. The front bumper bar is bent, however I think it is repairable, but will need to be straightened and rechromed. The over ridders are however very dented and rusty; front and back, and so better replaced. 

Who would folks recommend in terms of repairing the bumper bar and also suppliers of quality over ridders?

Mark

Mark - straightening bent bumpers is a tedious process and not always successful, hence it can be quite expensive.

I was doing these up until recently, but my chromer packed up and the costs have gone up so much elsewhere that it really wasn't viable to continue.

However I do have one OE TR3A bumper which has been rechromed and is very nice - looking for £300 for it - unfortunately I haven't got any over riders.

I haven't got any photos but if you think this could be of interest, I'll dig it out and do some.

Whereabouts are you based - posting them is a real and expensive pain but is the only option if you are not able to collect - I'm in Colchester Essex

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheers Rich    07954 252 338     rcreweread@gmail.com

Also available from the TR Shop in stainless.

I bought the Classic Gold offering of front overiders from Moss and they are good, don`t know what the quality of the chrome is like as my car only gets used when there is no salt on the roads, but 2 years on and there are no blemishes on them.

Ralph

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Hi Mark,

where about's are you?

There is a very good Chrome'ing facility in Wembly next to the stadium.  They can also straighten your bumps and bend.

http://www.colonnademetal.com/

TR Shop cataloge - Bumpers on front page.

https://www.trshop.co.uk/special.html

Roger

Thanks Roger. 

Has the price of the TR shop bumpers gone up since that catalogue was printed in 2020 and Harringtons are now over £500.

If they are still stcking to the price of £445 it is a bargain.

Ralph

Edited by Ralph Whitaker