Anyone had  any problems or have any tips fitting the repro inner window trims on Tr 4 to 6,

not the outer rubber but the inner section with furflex type covering, especially on how to curve them without kinks?

John.

Only inner weather strips I've ever fitted were pre-formed & only needed very minor fettling in order to fit nicely, have you got something different?

Good grief, didn't realise that....I'll check my old stock just in case I've got some spare....

John,

If you look carefully at the inner clips GHF1582 you will see that when in position on the inner door flange there is a little upturned tang that securely holds the tinny strip, so the tinny top actually goes at the bottom and is unseen when fitted in the door, the odd kink here doesn't matter too much and I guess supplying them straight means less work for the supplier and not having to supply handed (left and right) items.

Cheers Rob

Sorry John, only got the one set left which I need for another car, & as Rich says - they came from TR shop, fitted a set to my green car a couple of years back with no great effort at all, in fact I was surprised as most new stuff I buy nowadays needs some work.

IMG_20221124_111842119.jpg

TR Shop supplied ones are shaped correctly to fit although they dont have the metal finisher on both top and bottom as the originals did, they only have the lower one that fits nicely into the clips. You might have to slightly trim off either end depending on the glass aperture of the door. TR Shop items are much better than pretty much all others.

I suspect youve bought from Rimmers and a search on here would have revealed that youve wasted your time.

Stuart.

I bought the Rimmers items before I knew better! Being tight I got them to fit by cutting a series of small V's into the metal but not all the way through so they could be bent into the correct shape and added a couple of extra clips to keep them on place. 

You have nothing to loose trying and if it doesn't work then buy as Stuart suggests the TR Shop ones.

Andy