Signal red/white soft pictures

Does anybody have pictures of their signal red car with a white soft top that they would be willing to share with me? I have recently received my heritage certificate and my car was made in 1970 with this combination, but when I bought the car in 1983 it had a black soft top.  I have looked on line but all the images of signal red cars have a black soft top. On discussion with Derek, our ever helpful registrar, it seems that the signal red/white soft top combination was very rare with only ~1% being made. I am close to finishing a complete rebuild of my car and need to make a decision on which colour soft top to go for.

Many thanks in anticipation

Richard

Couldnt find a single picture online of a signal red one, closest was a pimento/white https://www.mediastorehouse.com/car-photo-library/bike-photo-library/triumph/triumph-tr6-1973-red-pimento-24063984.html

Stuart.

10 minutes ago, RJB said:

Does anybody have pictures of their signal red car with a white soft top that they would be willing to share with me? I have recently received my heritage certificate and my car was made in 1970 with this combination, but when I bought the car in 1983 it had a black soft top.  I have looked on line but all the images of signal red cars have a black soft top. On discussion with Derek, our ever helpful registrar, it seems that the signal red/white soft top combination was very rare with only ~1% being made. I am close to finishing a complete rebuild of my car and need to make a decision on which colour soft top to go for.

Richard

Hi Richard!

When I ordered my car in Sept 1972 on BL's Friends Scheme. The UK market was a made to order only, there were no speculative orders for the UK Market. By speaking directly to BL I ordered a number of things that were not in the TR catalogue, for example 18 ACR alternator, Oil cooler and hazard warning Module as per BAOR but were in Triumph accessory catalogue. So in my view, it may all depends upon what was specified on the factory works order. By the way none of my extra items appeared on my heritage certificate along with other items.

Bruce.

I’m always amazed at how quickly one gets replies on this forum! Thanks very much to everyone so far. 
In reply to Bruce: an email from a previous owner of my car indicates that it originally had a white soft top but somewhere along the line, perhaps when it had a very poorly done make-over, it was changed to a black vinyl soft-top.

Best wishes 

Richard

5 hours ago, RJB said:

Richard

Richard, I had a white soft top and they get very grubby. Difficult to clean. I would replace with black.

attached is a poor quality picture of two white soft tops.

ED707CAA-0F4D-4923-AEC2-AD158C161434.jpeg

Hi Richard, like Stuart and others above I've been unable to unearth a photo of a Signal Red TR6 with a white soft top however I came across a great image of a Pimento Red TR6 with one in Bill Piggott's wonderful book "Original Triumph TR4/4A/5/ 6". This is a 1972 CP series currently owned by a gentleman from the Northumbria Group. Whist not exactly the right shade of Red it does show what a great contrast there is between paint and top, if it was my car I would go for it. White tops were a rare option from the factory our records showing that less than 5% had one when new of which less than 1% were fitted to Signal Red TR6.

Derek   

XPO 8L.jpg

Thanks everyone for these additional responses. The rarity of this combination of colours is hard to resist so I think I will go in this direction. At least if you see a signal red car with a white soft top, on the days when it is raining so hard that I haven’t folded it down (I have never seen the point of owning a soft top car if one doesn’t fold it down whenever one can), you will know who it is!

Richard

Richard, I've always thought a white soft top must be cooler in this weather when you come back to your Tr, or if you go touring and have the top up to protect yourself on long days in the sun.

Cheers, Richard