72 clutch solution

17 hours ago, hurlbird said:

thanks!!! any left hand drive solutions you have pictures of? thanks

If its for a TR6 then just reverse my above image of the Yellow 6. you would have to relocate the washer bottle and run double pipes across the bulkhead thats all.

Stuart.

That makes sense. The servo comes with a bracket that ensures the proper angle if mounted in the bracket flat. The pictures appear to show the servo mounted straight into the bulkhead area. If i did that I would not maintain the angle. Thus i am going to create a small platform between the bulkhead and the wheel well so that bracket can mount flat and then attach the servo thus ensuring the angle. Is this necessary? thanks!

1 hour ago, hurlbird said:

That makes sense. The servo comes with a bracket that ensures the proper angle if mounted in the bracket flat. The pictures appear to show the servo mounted straight into the bulkhead area. If i did that I would not maintain the angle. Thus i am going to create a small platform between the bulkhead and the wheel well so that bracket can mount flat and then attach the servo thus ensuring the angle. Is this necessary? thanks!

The one fitted to the yellow 6 was just bolted to the bulkhead the same way as the original brake servo on the other side with the exception of the distance piece. you wont need the mounting bracket.

Stuart.

Tonys TR6 604.JPG

1 hour ago, hurlbird said:

Thanks.. Are you saying i do not need to solve for the angle? The bulkhead is 90 degrees so should i mount to it i would not have any angle. -John

The toe board isnt at 90 degrees, more like about 75-80 degrees, the one I have showed you worked fine so if you fit to the right hand toe board in the same position then theres no reason why it wont work the same way.

Stuart.

Just now, hurlbird said:

does the orientation matter? 180 degree. your picture shows the white component on top. that matter?

Supposedly it does though Ive never found it a problem.

Stuart.

• 2 months later...

So i installed the whole system in his car. Finally got it to stop leaking and assumed I was all set. For a test I put vacuum to the system off the PCV line and the clutch went rock hard! the opposite of what I was expecting, making it inoperable. I assume something is connected improperly. HELP! :) -John

Sorry John,

this does not help you, but maybe others:

don‘t be fascinated by this remote „solution“, simply install a 0.625“ master and an adjustable push rod.

Cheap, easy and quick to install, works lovely.

Ciao, Marco 

the clutch went rock hard! the opposite...

mmh, is it possible that you have mixed the connections? Or maybe the vaccuum is too high?

I am replacing my gearbox in these days and do plenty of tests. In my view the matter of a easy or hard going clutch is the type of the clutch cover. I am using a Sachs one and the plate is a AP. I can press the pedal easily by Hand. The master cylinder is a 0,7. Before that I had a Laycock cover that was a mess. Then a B&B, that was better, but the Sachs is another dimension. Very very easy to press. 

10 hours ago, hurlbird said:

So i installed the whole system in his car. Finally got it to stop leaking and assumed I was all set. For a test I put vacuum to the system off the PCV line and the clutch went rock hard! the opposite of what I was expecting, making it inoperable. I assume something is connected improperly. HELP! :) -John

When you say you put test vacuum to it what was the source and how much vacuum?

Stuart.

I simply disconnected the PCV from the T and connected to the Servo. No idea how much Vacuum just that as the source.

9 minutes ago, hurlbird said:

I simply disconnected the PCV from the T and connected to the Servo. No idea how much Vacuum just that as the source.

A photo of how you connected everything would maybe help. This is a very standard procedure. Seen it done on several cars without this problem. Maybe you have in and out reversed on the remote servo hydraulics?

Could having the lines from the servo mixed up cause this?

50 minutes ago, hurlbird said:

I have the master cylinder feeding the front of the servo, and therefore the line to the slave (clutch) is coming from the side...

Yep definitely the wrong way round.

Stuart.

On 10/11/2022 at 11:34 AM, stuart said:

I wouldnt have said it was that critical as Ive seen them mounted all ways over the years.

Heres another position.

Stuart.

photo1350.jpg

Stick where there is a gap……

1536C5C5-19E1-4649-9639-18215C2DD81C.jpeg

36 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Stick where there is a gap……

1536C5C5-19E1-4649-9639-18215C2DD81C.jpeg

Crikey...good job it isn't a TR3 !

Mick Richards