Moths living in the spare room

Late last night I was looking in the spare room for some clothes which have not been used for about three years. What I did find was a rolled up Indian carpet  about 24" wide. As I lifted it there were many moths and moth eggs. I started to hoover them up but they were flying all around the floor area. After an hour I managed to get the Indian rug into a black plastic bin liner, with the vacuum bag, and take them out to the garden shed.  It was nearly 1.00 am and it now looks like a bonfire this evening. 

I need an aerosol that will be compatible with the fitted carpet on the floor. Can. anyone recommend an easy to use product or another way to clear the house of moths.

Thanks Richard & B

Hi Richard ,  was it a magic carpet, an hour to get it into a black bin Liner  !!

And sorry i cant help you with a cure , just intrigued by the struggling carpet ....

Conrad.

2 minutes ago, openroad said:

Hi Richard ,  was it a magic carpet, an hour to get it into a black bin Liner  !!

And sorry i cant help you with a cure , just intrigued by the struggling carpet ....

Conrad.

The time was spent in using the vacuum cleaner to clear up the flying moths and eggs. I was keen to stop any flying moths. I do need some magic

Thanks Richard & B

Richard, we've just had the little blighters flying out from behind a book case which hasn't been moved for years. I've sprayed this stuff on the wool carpet and it seems to work - Acana Carpet & Fabric Freshener

Cheers, Richard

Richard,

Carpet moths like wool carpets.

you will need to remove all wool carpets and underlay.
then vacuum  up all the eggs from the floor including under the skirting board.

Replace with laminate flooring down stairs and synthetic carpets upstairs.

if you do it halfhearted they will return every summer.

Regards 

Peter

When we had a similar problem in our previous house I used Pest Control Supplies and bought a package of stuff including smoke bombs and spray on liquids. We managed to get rid of the buggers. 

Rgds Ian