& Another ‘New Game’: Can you name this car?

4 hours ago, Charlie D said:

I don't know why but all of them made me think of India for some reason.

The white car under the the blue tarp at the back looks Mercedes. There were loads of American kit cars that were based on a certain Mercedes model in the 1970s that looked like that, so maybe not genuine.

Very, very impressive Charlie….. Yup, it’s got the ‘badge’ and the locals confirm it’s real….. l’m not sure (although I know nothing about Mercedes - albeit the wife drive’s one - apparently, some of the old ones are worth a bit money even though 95% of them used to be old taxis in the more obscure parts of the world )…… They say ‘copies’ are impossible here - I’m in Georgia - have a look at the below photo all and see what you think…?

93AA147C-E38D-46A3-8CFA-6449CDB7A601.thumb.jpeg.6f2382886804fcd32da777cefb05c41e.jpeg

Ok - the first one is a 1955 Gaz m20 “Pobeda”.

The last one is probably a 1958 Moskvitch 407

Still stumped on the Fiat lookalike, though it might be a 1958 MZMA 444 

https://www.vintag.es/2020/02/cars-of-the-soviet-union.html#more

Edited by RobH

Tony,

This is an auction for a replica Mercedes SSK

https://www.christies.com/en/lot/lot-4513744

Estimate $10,000 – $15,000

Price realized $588

This is an auction for a genuine Mercedes SSK

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/11095/lot/144/

Sold for £ 4,181,500

Bit of a difference in price…

Charlie

Edited by Charlie D
  • 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Tony_C said:

Wow JOhn… respect!…this is number 1 of (gotta believe you) of 80+ the best cars MG ever made in history = last ever!

97F67FAB-63D4-415F-A0A2-FB6C630224C0.thumb.jpeg.341f8199ce50ea057a3b8fd0683971bb.jpeg

Thank you, Tony!  Recognised it, because the Bad Obsession boys have a shell they want to complete.   The absolute last in fact!   Where is the one you showed?

Thanks Roger, no. JOhn was !00% on it!…. Incredible bit of car engineering- I’ve never said that about an MG before…

…. Unbelievable to say (and back to where am I?)….. This was the most ‘ordinary classic’ amongst a private collection of 400+ old cars you’ve never seen the like of…

Most of you will recognise the red one to the right but, who knows the white further on? - it’s not what you first think….

13 hours ago, Tony_C said:

Most of you will recognise the red one to the right but, who knows the white further on? - it’s not what you first think….

Risking my reputation, is that a late Lancia Stratos?   Or is not what I think?

Exactly what I said JOhn, but no!……. Apparently some guy wanted to develop the concept further to his own idea of ‘perfection’, it is all Ferrari; shorter and wider than the original (same **** panel fits!) I was told he spent more than USD 15 million on it but then Ferrari pulled the plug… Therefore, it’s the only one!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!   A single prototype, designed and built personally, never in production, never used in motorsport?    I think my reputation is intact.

But, Tony, you are being mysterious.   Where is this collection?  What is the Stratos 'X' called, who developed it?  One can't be a guru without information!

John

PS Google is your friend!  See: https://www.luxurylifestylemag.co.uk/drive-sail-and-fly/new-italian-stratos-supercar-to-make-uk-debut-at-salon-prive-in-september/

image.thumb.png.62904eaa981ac0456877a0fb7d68f4c8.png

That was two years ago.  So has the project failed?   The shut lines on the above pic would indicate a very rushed job to get it out for the photographer!

Edited by john.r.davies

You’ve found it JOhn…… and of course with reputation intact!

It is all a bit secretive and very private, l sincerely doubt any other collection in the world even gets close….. If I tell you that I’m in ‘the middle’ of Denmark see how Google gets on? - He’s got the same initial, ‘T’, as me.. just 400+ more old cars than me! ^_^ (Although, I found one of mine ‘centre stage ‘)………. And, of course, it’s all being run by a Brit..

1 hour ago, Tony_C said:

You’ve found it JOhn…… and of course with reputation intact!

It is all a bit secretive and very private, l sincerely doubt any other collection in the world even gets close….. If I tell you that I’m in ‘the middle’ of Denmark see how Google gets on? - He’s got the same initial, ‘T’, as me.. just 400+ more old cars than me! ^_^ (Although, I found one of mine ‘centre stage ‘)………. And, of course, it’s all being run by a Brit..

Would that be in Billund ?

or possibly 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1207777-d3569843-Reviews-Strojer_Samlingen-Assens_Funen_and_Islands.html

Edited by Kiwifrog

No Kiwifrog, not Billund (although that is where I am currently, the old LEGO airport). My reference to ‘Middle’ was ‘Middelfart’…… I think that link is a spill-over as the main collection gets upgraded ….. ‘nobody’ gets to see the really exotic stuff.C64AB9B4-6180-48CE-A9DE-AC7F9DA27268.thumb.jpeg.80bef0e68ce3b77ff718e6169027727c.jpeg