Latest TRACTION - Already out - New Editor (& even more gobbledygook?!)

Well you have spoiled the surprise for some on our "all Ford" special issue featuring the story of how new legislation is incoming to require the conversion of all TRs to GT40s, as part of a Government plan to go Carburettor neutral by 2050. 

Then for the Christmas gobbledygook laden special, we will be jumping on a gravy train and looking at how TikTok's hashtags are widening the appeal of train-spotting.... preview below.

432-0001.jpg

After 51 years it's amazing how many readers still call it Traction rather than "TR Action" .

Good point Wayne……and it was reassuring to see your column on the same page as always……

btw, by further copy, watch out for some folks calling it ‘gobbledygook’ just because they don’t understand it!……. Mazda, Matsudo- ‘Smiler’ to his close pals - and DNA all makes sense to me…..

E9591F3F-C7FB-44C6-9632-12D2CDF760FD.thumb.jpeg.0bc500379415d8ffb7d0c36fbfa72406.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Tony_C said:

Good point Wayne……and it was reassuring to see your column on the same page as always……

btw, by further copy, watch out for some folks calling it ‘gobbledygook’ just because they don’t understand it!……. Mazda, Matsudo- ‘Smiler’ to his close pals - and DNA all makes sense to me…..

E9591F3F-C7FB-44C6-9632-12D2CDF760FD.thumb.jpeg.0bc500379415d8ffb7d0c36fbfa72406.jpeg

Its all Greek to me :lol:

Stuart.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:43 AM, Tony_C said:

Yep but on the plus side Stuart……. Not a single mention/hi jack of or, by a ‘GB’ based TR dealer………..

Nor, IMPORTANTLY, any 2 page spurious articles on 4pot head gaskets…:ph34r:B)

:lol::lol::lol:;)

Stuart.

Blessed are the cheesemakers ..... anyway talking of gobbledegook  I was once taken to a race tribunal for using that word in class when i told my undergrads  that I didnt want to see any more gobbledegook in their essays on flight parameters.    The woman in charge of the 'investigation'  was of chinese extraction and was adamant that it was a racist imperialist slur. i calmly pointed out that if she bothered to consult an dictionary she would find not only the word but the original use of it. I believe its attributed to a US colonel in WW2 who was giving his troops a bit of a tongue lashing for poor excuses as to why they hadn't defeated the germans yet. 

Needless to say I won my case but after that episode all the fun went out of teaching at university as it was clear to me that the inmates had taken over the asylum! 

Hoges. 

Here is a tool for those of us who want to impress others with…gobbledegook:

https://www.bullshitgenerator.com/

I use it to visualize back-end models and more importantly, optimize real-time technologies. 

Waldi