Does anyone have a front spring compressor that I could borrow to use on my 6? I am in the West Midlands, more specifically Herefordshire.

Thanks in anticipation,

Martin

Hi Martin,

are you able to make something. It is easy enough . 

12mm steel studding from Wickes etc.

You will need some large washers for the  top and something at the bottom (steel bar etc )  to allow the studding to sit square on the spring pan.

If you can;t get something local then you can borrow my home brew.

Roger

Hi Roger,

thank you for the offer, I have read the many threads on making your own and I probably will. Just thought I’d see if anyone local had one as I’m only likely to use it twice!

regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

the info on the US item states that it is 18" long. That is the length of studding supplied most of the big stores and sounds about right for my home brew version.

If you use the Wickes studding it can be cut down to length if found to be too long.

Roger

42 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Pete,

what would be the name of that type of handle shown in the box. It would be nice to make a proper job of my compressor.

Roger

Giant wingnut?

Stuart.

On 6/22/2021 at 9:45 AM, RogerH said:

Hi Pete,

what would be the name of that type of handle shown in the box. It would be nice to make a proper job of my compressor.

Roger

Something very familiar about that giant wing nut Roger.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.