Correct Routing of Temperature Gauge Capillary

Hi All,

I am about to fit a new temperature gauge. If I take the most direct route (through the bulkhead and along the block), the capillary is over 2 feet too long. What is the factory-correct path please?

Ian

Found this:

CapTube.jpg

Which is how I did it previously, so I will do the same again. Seems that they are that long. 

Edited by boggie

That's it. The coil before the bulkhead gives the necessary flexibility against engine vibration. This is mine:

coil.jpg.2a14c7da9fd09cc856d25657d4448987.jpg

Cheers!

Yes, that is pretty much how I had it previously. As I have had two fail in the past few years, I thought it worth checking. 

Thanks

Thanks Don,

As I have an alloy rocker cover with no clips, I followed the petrol pipe option.

Ian

On 4/25/2021 at 8:37 AM, boggie said:

Thanks Don,

As I have an alloy rocker cover with no clips, I followed the petrol pipe option.

Ian

The clips arent anything to do with the rocker cover, they are metal type cable ties and yes it is clipped to the fuel pipe..

Stuart.

5 hours ago, stuart said:

The clips arent anything to do with the rocker cover, they are metal type cable ties and yes it is clipped to the fuel pipe..

Stuart.

Exactly as Stuart notes.  Here's the routing on my car:

i-LqhtJcg-X5.jpg