I have a TR3A front panel which will be for sale in the summer. I would like to remove all the paint, take pictures of the bare metal with no filler and  treat the bare metal with a rust killer. What is the best way to remove the paint ? The panel was bought from Moss after British Rail damaged my original. When I put it on the market I want to show that there is no filler or damage. I want to be very careful with wire brushes etc.  I did once use Nitromors on the boot lid and the new paint was blistered always. My local blast cleaner is reluctant because he suggests that the shape could be changed by prolonged blasting creating high temperature.

Please give me some advice.

Richard & B

58 minutes ago, Richardtr3a said:

Thanks for the help and advice 

Does the Bondarust need a paint shop or can I do it at home.Aerosol /brush ??

Thanks Richard & B

You can buy it in Aerosol. Or brush if you want.

Stuart.

I have a 2.5 litre can of unopened bondsrust bought in 2017 if you are interested. Should be enough to give it 10 or 12 coats!!!!
Tim

3 hours ago, Tim T said:

I have a 2.5 litre can of unopened bondsrust bought in 2017 if you are interested. Should be enough to give it 10 or 12 coats!!!!
Tim

That sounds interesting. Does it need to be sprayed ?? I will be travelling from Sussex to Devon at some time and could collect.

Thanks

Will send you a pm Richard.

Cheers

Tim

Richard,

Have sent you a pm.

Tim