Wanted - Type 16P Calipers for TR4 (refurbished)

Hi,

I'm after a pair of Type 16P front brake calipers for my 1962 TR4, preferably a set that has recently been professionally refurbished, ideally with stainless steel pistons.

I was going to get my existing calipers refurbished, but on closer inspection they are not quite a matching pair.  They are both type 16P but I suspect different ages as the markings and dust seals are different. 

Thanks,
Steve

Edited by Steve Priest
  • Steve Priest changed the title to Wanted - Type 16P Calipers for TR4 (refurbished)

Try David Ferry, he had a number reconditioned.

Mick Richards

Hi Steve, 

I could probably find you a matching pair, but would need rebuild. 

Cheers, Conrad. 

Steve -I have a number of pairs refurbished by Past Parts but I didn't think they have stainless pistons - they are new pistons mind you. I'll PM you and you can email me photos of your existing ones so I can try and match the ones you want, if this is of interest

Cheers Rich

Hi Steve

If you are using silicon brake fluid make sure whatever calipers you get have  seals that are compatible. I had mine reconditioned by Big Red in Worcester first class job but when I collected them I mentioned I was using silicon only to be told their seals are not compatible so I had to change them for some that are from Revingtons.

Cheers Chris

17 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Here is one NOS on hand only.  
Same as Morris 1800, which is why it is in military packaging.   It has the later clipped dust deal arrangement.

Interesting... It matches one of mine, unfortunately the same side!  Thanks anyway.

Steve

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.