Hood stowage cover

I am looking to buy a hood stowage cover as my car didn’t come with one. I see Rimmers do one for £115 has anyone tried this? Are they up to the job or has anyone got alternative recommendations. Thanks in anticipation

5 hours ago, Nigel S said:

I am looking to buy a hood stowage cover as my car didn’t come with one. I see Rimmers do one for £115 has anyone tried this? Are they up to the job or has anyone got alternative recommendations. Thanks in anticipation

Get one from Don Hoods, good quality at a fair price.

13 hours ago, Nigel S said:

I've fitted one fairly recently. Was fine. Such a simple shape it would be hard for any one to make a really bad one.

7 hours ago, foster461 said:

Get a big beach towel to fold and place over the folded top before you put the cover on. It will protect the window and help fill out the cover so it looks neater.

Stan

Had friend who used a thin piece of foam to cover the top and a cover made to allow for it. You are right Stan it made it look very neat. I will get around to it myself someday.

Paul

• 3 years later...

I bought a cover from Rimmer’s this very weekend, tempted by a 10% off offer ! 
choice of vinyl , double duck or mohair. 
They v kindly allowed me to try both the d duck and mohair covers onto the car and I went for the d duck as it seemed slightly larger than the mohair and indeed it has fitted extremely well . Also cheaper but the press studs aren’t included so that adds another £20 quids to the price . 

On 7/30/2020 at 1:44 AM, foster461 said:

Get a big beach towel to fold and place over the folded top before you put the cover on. It will protect the window and help fill out the cover so it looks neater.

Stan

+1 Been doing that for 50 years!

Bruce