1965 TR4A progress and restoration

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TBH it looks like a pretty good basis to start with, the dent your on about in the arch is supposed to be there and you are missing the wing beadings on top of front and rear wings. The dash you have

Jase, I know these are strange times but I also live in Bridgend and have a 1962 TR4 and would normally offer you the opportunity to come and use as a reference or just a chat. Have you cont

Having spent quite a lot of time going through the car I decided to do an essential run today and drive it for the first time and pick up some petrol, just a few shots back on the drive and my essenti

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Jase said:

Thanks everyone, good call on the replacement top plate, will order one and a new set of points etc as a back up. A needless breakdown. Annoyingly the only modern part on the car and it fails.

You can fit points to a cut down base plate pin, you need the one piece points as opposed to the two part ones. Ive had to do this a few times when fault finding on cars fitted with the electronic ignition that requires the cut down pin. Just make sure they move freely as Ive had a set that had been crimped up too tight and would close up on their own.

Stuart.

15 hours ago, Jase said:

Arghhhh

IMG_3396.png

Spot the deliberate mistake!:lol: no condensor

Stuart.

Posted (edited)

Ordered an updated base plate, two sets of points and condenser, new cap and red rotor arm from the distributor doctor so hopefully no more issues. Just need to remember how to set points up :) 

Edited by Jase
10 minutes ago, Jase said:

Back to normal

IMG_3404.jpeg

Not unless you fit the missing coil lead ;):lol:

Stuart.

On 8/11/2022 at 3:10 PM, RobH said:

Firstly check that the operating rod is connected to the centre hole on the clutch operating arm.

Adjust the rod like this but first make sure the slave piston is fully retracted in the cylinder: 

cladj.jpg.faea39cb6852587c3d6a32fb42f51177.jpg

Just coming back to this, do I need to drain the brake fluid from the system to set this up?

Thanks

No. Just keep an eye on the level in the reservoir though, as pushing the slave piston back could cause it to overflow if the fluid level is already high. 

Clutch adjusted- thanks much better and bonnet polished. Need some help with the badge though :)

IMG_3423.jpeg