Hi guys

i am having to change my Sun Visor as one of them had what seem like a cigarette burn  on the top edge, spotted it when I got back to the car after a day out in the Summer. Anyway I ordered a new one from Rimmers and it came this morning, on opening the box I soon spotted the quality was awful, and when trying to fit it, well it was never going to go on. I telephoned Rimmers and told them and they said send it back for a full refund which I have done.

Now is there anywhere to get a better quality one that will fit or do I buy the whole kit.

Paul

Hi.Graham

John Skinner he does all bespoke seats etc is that right.

Mine came from Moss, recently and look good, but still in plastic.
Will install themthis week I think.

Waldi

Just out of interest SteveB21 did you send John Skinner your original sunvisors or did they make up new ones from scratch? Also what sort of cost was involved please as i will be needing my "floppy sunvisors" sorting out at some point and this is something which can be arranged without holding up any other part of the restore. 

Michael

Looking at the Visors on John Skinners they look very much the same as the ones on John Paddock site, just the Visors on there are £42 + vat and pp. I am thinking do I buy the kit knowing then that they should fit, the whole kit is £71.50 + vat etc

Hi Paul & Michael

My grey cells kicked into action and I recalled that I had previously posted on this - here is the link with photos:

Michael - I didn't have to send my old visor in - I could see the John Skinner type was a match from their website. A pair of new visors cost me £85.37 inc. VAT and P&P back in 2017.

Hope that helps.

Steve 

I ordered the pair of sun visors only from James Paddock and they came today. Straight  out of the box you could see they are miles ahead in quality and they fit just fine, plus the added bonus is,they are cheaper then Rimmers. Rimmers ought to find out who makes these and get hold of some.

Edited by Paul Hill
On 4/18/2020 at 6:57 PM, Waldi said:

Mine came from Moss, recently and look good, but still in plastic.
Will install themthis week I think.

Waldi

Over the years I have had a number of these from Moss but they all suffered from the same fate where the foam inside disintegrates and then they become floppy. So I would not buy Moss ones again through choice!

Bruce.

Thanks Bruce,

I will see how they behave. I think this clearly shows a difficult aspect of part quality: longevity, ageing.
By the time a component starts desintegrating it is too late to ask for warranty, even if you remember who was the supplier.

Cheers,

Waldi

On 4/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, Paul Hill said:

I ordered the pair of sun visors only from James Paddock and they came today. Straight  out of the box you could see they are miles ahead in quality and they fit just fine, plus the added bonus is,they are cheaper then Rimmers. Rimmers ought to find out who makes these and get hold of some.

Paul, do these ones actually stay up and not flop down when driving?

Cheers Daz

All good so far Daz