Another day, another recovery

Im now awaiting my 4th recovery vehicle in just under 6 months of ownership. Todays foible is a weakened throttle pedal, the O/s bracketry has folded over the rod, it needs replacing now, what a waste of a lovely sunny afternoon.

Ian

Do you think the RAC are taking the piss, it seems they have personalised a recovery truck for me!

post-6710-0-79566000-1535893133_thumb.jpeg

Do you think the RAC are taking the piss, it seems they have personalised a recovery truck for me!

Haha possibly!

When i had an Alfa a few years ago , new one, the AA used to park at the end of my road to save them driving far....

TR Trader were supplying there own make complete throttle pedals don't know if they still are.

Mine snapped across the split pin hole. Good quality

John

Thanks John, I wanted to get one of RTR’s strengthened ones but they are out of stock, I’ve ordered a new one from Moss and will look to have a strengthening bar welded onto it.

Ian

i have some sympathy with you having broken down on my way to the Bo'ness hill climb on Friday with a suspected head gasket failure. Being in the TRR insurance scheme I got excellent service from A plan who put me in touch with the AA. Sadly it all went down hilll from there on. Bring stranded at Scotch Corner service is not to be recommended if my own experience is anything to go by. i was promised recovery at 7 pm that then went to 9.pm but they didn't turn up until midnight ! Before loading the car up i asked if we were going straight home only to be told No i was going to be dumped at Woodhall services and would then have to wait until another truck could take me back home. No chance says i. if you think i'm going to wait at Woodhall for another three hours waiting for another truck then you are mistaken. i suggest you book me into the travel lodge here and pick me up in the morning- - which after a few phone calls they agreed to do! Result - although it still took 20 hours for me to get back from the time of the original breakdown

By the way I was also offered a courtesy car by A plan from Enterprise but that had to be returned the next day - not much use if you are away for weekend.and in any case the nearest Enterprise car hire depot was Newcastle Airport - 1hr .30 minutes up the road and which in any case closed at 11.00 pm. The AA wouldn't have got the TR back home for another 48 hours and so would have been left in an unsecured car park somewhere. No chance!

final score A plan 1 AA nil. i think it would be better if A plan used green flag or the RAC instead who don't seem to use a relay system to get you home.

hoges.

Edited by Paul Hogan

In contrast, plus one for me for the RAC.

On my way back from Classic Le Mans and less than ten miles from home I had a sudden rear brake problem.

RAC man turned up, exactly when predicted, had my car on his magic, "Transformer" like suspension tow device in a short time, and delivered me home without delay.

Excellent service.

BUT, last year, daughter and No.1 grandson of three years had a blowout on the M6 just south of Carlisle, about 60 miles away. Her car had only an aerosol of leak stop (I'd warned her!), no spare, so useless in the face of a shredded tyre. RAC said three hours, even though she pointed out her gender, that she was alone except for an infant and that it was December and five in the evening, but they would do no better. She rang us to apologise for being late (!) and I set off to meet her, carrying warming drinks and digestive biscuits. I was able to get to her well before the tow truck, not an RAC engineer, who don't carry tyres anyway, and all was eventually well. Except for the wrong sized tyre fitted by the recovery people, at enormous cost, for which of course the RAC denied all responsibilty.

Daughter now has a proper spare tyre!

Sorry you didn't make Bo'ness, Paul, but Saturday was a bit "Dreich" even if Sunday turned out dry. Some wonderful cars, if few Triumphs.

The Freikaiserwagen is an extraordinary relic, and British - the name is a joke!

And some splendid Vintage cars. Behind them (and excxuse my enthusiasm on a TR page) the Gorgeous C-type Jaguar, a replica with an original engine, but those wonderful lines, and being ragged unmercifully up the hill too!

John

post-535-0-06124300-1535991400_thumb.jpg

post-535-0-20565300-1535991421_thumb.jpg