I need a TR2 front bumper to replace my badly damaged one.

I can't decide whether to buy a chromed steel one or a stainless steel one.

I know that there has been a lot of discussion about S/S bumpers in the past but The TR Shop are offering a complete set of TR2 stainless steel bumpers for £445.00. They say that they are "high grade (304/1.4301) stainless steel, approx. 20% of the steel is pure chrome".

I have heard that the chrome plating on the chromed steel ones is of doubtful quality.

I would appreciate any views on this to help me to decide.

Regards, Colin

Hi Colin

I have had the stainless bumpers on my 3A since it got back on the road a few years ago I am still very happy with them. I know the TR2 stainless bumpers are correct as they were moddled using a pair of original TR2 bumpers that I supplied a few years ago

cheers

Alan

Edited by Kiwifrog

I have had the TR shop set (front & rear) on my TR3 since 2013. They fitted well, & look great.

Only observation was that the nuts & bolts were metric.

Bob.

Harrington (Vietnamese) stainless bumpers on my TR3B. Quite happy with them. The set I have has a *slightly* different profile to the overriders, but it's not noticeable or objectionable. They mounted up perfectly with no fettling needed.

Thanks everybody for your responses so far. It sounds encouraging for the TR Shop stainless steel set.

Tim. I understand what you are saying but I personally prefer to have the bumpers fitted. Although they look a bit basic they are within the character of the car.

I was wondering what the situation is with the law and the insurance regarding running without the bumpers.

Regards, Colin

:D -that's fine, Colin; l was thinking l might just save you some dosh! I'm v. probably tempting providence here, but the only time l got my front valance dunched was in a Sunderland multi-storey, when my 3 still had bumpers...

Good luck with your choice!

Tim.