Please elaborate?

I had a look at Amazon and stuff it has about a 75% satisfaction rate but some people say it was useless or a month later back to square one.

It also says only where water meets air and not oil etc...

I've used it as an insurance measure in a number of rebuilds on the recommendation of racers/ralliers.

Edited by Rem18

Hi Rem,

the feedback on here for this sealant is very good (I've also had consistently good results with Radweld and Barrs Leaks).

The feed back on Amazon is of an unknown quantity and quality.

Roger

I’v not had to use it on the TR (yet, famous last words), but have had excellent results with K-Seal in other cars

..... Andy

I would also recommend using the original rad, but reinforced at the neck.

In a generally hot climate and my cleaned and strengthened original rad works really well. I think the original is definitely good enough and worth repairing rather than using a replacement.

I did not re-core mine, just cleaned it thoroughly.

After cleaning it myself and thinking it was clean, I had it sent in for the neck and they cleaned it out a lot more.

So let the pros clean it and a re-core may not even be required.

I fitted a tropical fan as a matter of course, but I think it isn't really needed if the rad is well maintained, judging by how cool the car ran after.

Dirk

Simple really. Make your choice. Use it or do not. I suspect the latter in your case so there is no point in flogging this horse any further.

Hi Pete not sure if you meant me? My TR runs cool in a hot climate without an electric fan fitted, just curious to find people being very supportive of a wonder product thats all. not knocking it and would definitely give it a try as an option before stripping, seeing people comments. Just reporting mixed reviews, but saying that 75% said it worked reasonably well and if TR people swear by it then I was curious.

Tony

Yes I did. I don’t think any of us called it a “wonder product” incidentally. Those of us in support of the product gave our reasons. If your decision is swayed by your own research that’s fine and it’s also good to hear that your cooling system works.

Sorry again Pete i meant 'wonder' as it seems to be very well considered here, not as snake oil, again I say that I saw 700+ reports on Amazon 75% positive, probably very suited to our engines too, I will definitely give it a go when it might be needed or did I read between the lines that some use it as an extra even without necessarily having a reason?

In the past I have used Radweld for stuff but this seems a bit more interesting. Would you recommend it anyway as a maintenance item thinking it might find some gremlins?