Intermittent pulsing on cylinder number two

Ok...Backround is car is a 71 PI .... Raven Smith Recon Metering unit + all injectors reconditioned fitted last year...New Bosch pump & Reconditioned PRV from Malcolm at Prestige at the same time

Tank sealed with POR-15...all fuel pipes replaced

Car ran fine for 3 months it was used before putting away for the winter

....Just tried to start it...Good fuel pressure at meter installed..

Seemed to be running very rough

Identified no pulse on fuel pipe leading to injector 2

Removed injector 2 and bled...Seemed to improve running but when taken for a drive still hesitating

Stopped car/open bonnet ...again no pulse on 2 ..removed and bled

Took for a drive same problem

Any thoughts on the next step I should take??

Put some fresh fuel in the tank?

(Just taken the 3 out for its first run today and it was very grumpy running on old fuel)

Fill with fresh fuel. Modern fuels go off very quickly........

I believe that number 2 injector is fed via one of the hoses that come from the back of the metering unit. This is a banjo coupling with an 'O' ring. This 'O' ring breaks up (disintegrates), goes up the pipe and blocks the injector.

Cheers John

Edited by John390

Maybe my bleeding technique is wrong? Apart from the car running properly how do I know I have got all of the air through the injector? I have been holding the injector vertically (well away from the manifold and coil) and using a pair of tiny pliers to lift the pin on the end of the injector up by about 2mm and leaving it for about 15 seconds like that....defintely a cone of fuel mist coming out...but is all the air out?

Basically, the car will tell you if all the air is out of the injector. If its spraying ok then it probably is ok. My technique is to invert the injector and flick it with my finger. It clears eventually. I dont use pliers. I then give it an Italian tune up.

If it keeps needing bleeding then air is getting in somewhere (obviously). Check around the unions. I had a small leak where the pipe is pushed onto the injector union connection. It was just visible. A new pipe fitted properly solved it.

Cheers Dave