tr6 won't rev

Hi all, fitted a reconditioned ct engine to my tr6, everything in fuel injection system reconditioned with bosch fuel punp. The car starts will tick-over but when thgrottle pressed engine splutters and back fires and won,t rev, seems lack of fuel, but don't know how to sort. Regards Brian.

Is the vacuum hose to the metering unit connected correctly?

Did you have the MU reconditioned?

Sounds like like of fuel as you say, but could also be ignition!

Whereabouts are you? A local member might be able to assist with diagnosis

Hi, what the engine will do is rev if you press throttle realy slow, but still pops back. and it does sound like a misfire on one cylinder, so i might try changing plugs, Ive checked timing, it's ok. Metering unit was reconditioned and i asume callibration was checked. What best way to check fuel delivery to injectors. Thanks for your replies

To be honest the engine would rev on 4 cylinders without load, so i doubt its a plug.

You can remove the injectors one at a time with a running engine, and point them in a jam jar to see which are spraying or not.

Have a fire extinguisher right by your side if you are going to try this!

Have you checked the vacuum connection?, this is how the mu senses load.

Have you checked ht leads are on the right plugs?

Have you checked fuel pressure?

Good luck !

Steve

Brian, Welcome to the fray. The Pressure Relief Valve in the boot might be stuck open so the fuel available for the engine is very restricted. Give it a good thump with engine running.

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

I am no PI expert but if it is popping back, then surely that would indicate there is fuel available to ignite. It just means the spark is arriving at the wrong time.

If the timing is correct, then possibly a faulty/cracked distributor cap. (or the plugs are in the wrong place ;) )

Cheers

Graeme

Edited by graeme