best place to buy Mohair Hood and Interior

Hi All

I need to find a Mohair hood and new drivers seat, (will probably replace both seats)

looking for the best place for both cost and quality

let me stress that I am not after a cheap good quality hood, I understand that cheap and good quality do not go together

I simply want to make sure that I get value for money, and don't want to get ripped off

thanks

I've had both Mohair and standard Vinyl Hoods off the Don Hood Co in the past and been happy with the quality and service, my TR5 Is fitted with a standard Everflex PVC hood from them fitted by the PO and the fit & finish is excellent?

post-13336-0-50113200-1505724846_thumb.jpg

I have a nice pair of leather Mazda MX5 seats with TR6 rails/runners for sale. 300.00

Color is tan/beige

thanks but I'm looking to keep it as original as poss and like the old style seats, will get new covers from John Skinner I think along with new interior panels

This. Mohair looks wrong on a TR in my opinion.

I'm not sure they look wrong, I guess its personal preference

what I will say is that after a week of chatting to various people in various places including on here, it would seem that there is no clear winner and its down to preference as to what people want

I think I'm just going to go for a PVC hood from Don hoods, they seem to be highly regarded and have years of experience in the industry

I've had both Mohair and standard Vinyl Hoods off the Don Hood Co in the past and been happy with the quality and service, my TR5 Is fitted with a standard Everflex PVC hood from them fitted by the PO and the fit & finish is excellent?

this seems to be the consensus, I'm leaning to the PVC hood from them,

I too am a bit unsure vinyl or mohair.....I am leaning towards vinyl for the originality side...I would say though my Stag which I have owned for 20 years and has a mohair hood is certainly very easy to look after.I have only ever given it a hose down and an occasional brush down with the car washing brush.

Len

This is getting like the Gearbox/OD oil debate !!! :o

The various fabrics have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Vinyl may be original but that doesn't make it the gold standard.

The TR's were made for use and abuse. If you want to tart it up go ahead and enjoy it.

I fitted a mohair (or DD) surrey top to my 4A 18 years ago and it has done very well.

As for bird sh*t - do the pigeons bypass vinyl hoods (I think not). Easy to wash off.

As for mould - this would only happen if you don;t bother with cleaning etc.

Get what you want and ENJOY it.

Roger

The TR's were made for use and abuse. If you want to tart it up go ahead and enjoy it.

I fitted a mohair (or DD) surrey top to my 4A 18 years ago and it has done very well.

As for bird sh*t - do the pigeons bypass vinyl hoods (I think not). Easy to wash off.

Roger

Hi Roger

thanks for the info and your thoughts

I appreciate this my be dragging on for some but I am brand new to the Tr6 and Triumph world and just wanted to get as much info from enthusiasts as possible

as mentioned above in my previous posts

I think I have made my choice and I think it works for what I need

kind regards

Roger

Roger

Hi Roger!.

The problem that I have had in recent years is the local Canada Geese they always seem to over fly my house and get direct hits of their poo on our cars first thing in the morning when we are about to go on a TR event! and I have seen what's its like on a mohair BMW hood to remove? I don't leave my car on my drive with the roof down!

Bruce.