Identification plates and painting

Hi

I'm soon sending my body and panels to Envirostrip for dipping and primer.

And I got thinking re the various identification plates in the engine compartment.

What do people normally do? Drill off the rivets, remove them then re- rivet back on after final paint? Or leave them on and attempt to mask them?

Thanks

You could ask Envirostrip what the chemicals would do to the commission & number plates.

Is there a way to reproduce the original type of rivets? And, is it legal to ever remove the plates, themselves?

You could ask Envirostrip what the chemicals would do to the commission & number plates.

Is there a way to reproduce the original type of rivets? And, is it legal to ever remove the plates, themselves?

Hi,

given time the comm plate will simply disintegrate so removal is simply academic.

Were the original fasteners pop rivets.

I fitted M4 rivnuts (new found toy) and a Stainless screw.

Roger

Oddly.... I've been trying to book my car in with not much luck...! Been very evasive, looked them up on company house and they are shown as " in liquidation"....! Not sure if this is accurate?

Wow, British Gas Insolvency Dept £255k............. I wonder how that'll be recouped :rolleyes:

Plant & machinery £61k expected to be sold for £1.9k, someone appears to have had a bargain....

I wonder what the vehicle was on finance with almost £20k outstanding on it, but expected to fetch less than £12k......

Regards

Bill

Wow, British Gas Insolvency Dept £255k............. I wonder how that'll be recouped :rolleyes:

Plant & machinery £61k expected to be sold for £1.9k, someone appears to have had a bargain....

I wonder what the vehicle was on finance with almost £20k outstanding on it, but expected to fetch less than £12k......

Regards

Bill

That would be the 7.5 tonne curtainsider they used for collections.I expect.

If your sending any shell for dip be aware any Ally parts will just disintegrate so remove all body tags. Rivets from here https://www.lasaero.com/site/products/category?id=V00X5JOLJ

Stuart.