Along with many others I guess I just received the summer sale mailing from Moss. I note they now offer ceramic brake pads (GBP114CM) as an alternative to standard. What's that about - has anyone any experience of ceramic pads? I use Ferodo DS Performance pads with which I am v. happy.

Tim

found this http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/the-best-brake-pads-ceramic-or-metallic.aspxi like the bit about the dust not sticking to the wheels ! but not sure about the bit where it says '

• Good all-around braking characteristics but were never designed as heavy duty/racing brake pads

Doesn't Lewis et all all have Carbon Ceramic brakes………………?

Yes, but they spend most of the race complaining that the brakes aren't hot enough, or are overheating. They do sound good, apart from "Do not absorb heat as well as semi-metallic pads which can increase brake system temperatures". Would that be a problem for road use?

Pete

What about disc wear?

Surely a pad made from a material as hard as ceramic will accelerate wear on the disc. With normal brake pads, the pad friction material is effectively sacrificial and disc wear is much slower.

Nigel