Gear lever with overdrive switch on top, (tr4a)

I have a TR6 and a Stag both w/ an OD, I am used with the 2 configurations, they have both advantage & inconvenient and are both desirable, this is only matter of choice and feeling.

Regards

I have had both and marginally favour dashboard which is what I have now, I rotated mine slighly so it is operatable by a flick of my finger even in the midst of changing gear/indicating or whatever. I found the recessed slide switch fitted into the top of the gear knob (as on other Triumphs) although logically positioned is not as easy to use as you might hope. (If it were too easy then it would be prone to accidental operation).

Mike

Edited by MikeF

One shouldn't need to remove one's hand from the steering wheel to engage/disengage overdrive, nor should one have to remember or look at the position of the switch to know whether (or not) overdrive is engaged.

Hence, a logic box and a spring loaded switch with its arm within easy reach of the fingers of one's right hand, affords the optimum solution. Just a few miilimetres of finger movement is all that is required for operation. I've been using a logic box for 11 years and cannot imagine returning to the old way..

Fiddling with a switch whilst changing gear is not my idea of fun.

Ian Cornish

Hi Ian,

A warning lamp on the dash that lights when you are in OD is what I have. Works well with both cars, one with logic & one without.

No fiddling as it is just a push button in the gear knob.

Cheers.