Which 4 Pot Calipers fit a TR5

Hi Everyone,

I know this is an old question and I've searched the forum, but perhaps up to date knowledge might differ from older knowledge.

I need to replace a brake caliper on a TR5, so it would make sense to upgrade to a 3 or 4 pot caliper.

I believe that XJ6 series 1 fits, and also was once told that Sherpa van calipers bolt straight on.

Q 1: What is recommended?

Q 2: How much?

Q 3: Where from?

Any help with this would be gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation.

Dave.

Hi 4 pot from Toyota hilux 1983 petrol engined if you use the later Tr6 calipers mounting bolts which had unf thread with metric shoulder. They are a perfect fit but you need to have brake hose made with metric thread to fit calliper. Put Morgan plus8 cylinders on rear brakes to keep good front/rear balance. They are same pattern as Tr6 but have bigger Pistons.

With the toyota calipers you do need to trim the dust shield /back plate a little, other than that an easy fit.

I have them and they are good, my only issue is that none of the 'performance' brake pad materials are available in this pattern.

Am running mintex standard material at the moment ( 1109) but would really like 1144.

Steve

Ps, i can dig out the part numbers for the calipers etc if youd like?

Edited by SDerbyshire

Dave why bother. TR Shop are doing new original type calipers at a sensible price for a pair. Keep it simple keep it original, they work fine.

Stuart.