TR4A in Maserati Rosso

Hi Guys,

I had an MGB that had been painted in the above Maserati colour and IMHO it was one of the most attractive I have seen on a classic car.

Does anyone know if a TR4A exists with this colour? I am considering a ground up restoration of a barn find and have the chance to pick any colour I like. I sold a Royal Blue one last year and it looked beautiful but I wonder what it would look like in this rich red?

Thanks

Charles

See picspost-12736-0-90367000-1462542978_thumb.jpg

post-12736-0-45256700-1462542978_thumb.jpg

Personally, I love the colour but I'm not sure it suits a TR4.

I would choose a flat colour myself - do you know what colour it was from new? Unless it's something awful the smart money would be to keep it original.

Edited by rhino_mac

Hi Charles,

Is that a metallic colour? Nice in any case, but I would think twice if it were mine - I've still got that nagging originality factor in my appreciation lineup.

I've got a Porsche colour on my concours car which passes for Signal Red but is an order of magnitude more striking.

TRIALSTR250BADGE.jpg

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks for the suggestions guys, the original colour was green but I have the chance to do something else. If the Rosso red (yes its a metallic) suited it I wouldn't personally worry too much about it being a non original colour as I would be keeping the car, the MGB I sold made well over normal value precisely due to it being attractive and different. I will check out the Stag Carmine, the Porsche red really pops and looks gorgeous Tom but I am looking for darker more Claret/Burgundy type of colour. Any other pics and suggestions?

Thanks

Charles

Have a look at Jaguar Imperial Maroon, its a cracking colour especially if done in Celly to get the depth of shine

Stuart.

Hi Charles,

Is that a metallic colour? Nice in any case, but I would think twice if it were mine - I've still got that nagging originality factor in my appreciation lineup.

I've got a Porsche colour on my concours car which passes for Signal Red but is an order of magnitude more striking.

TRIALSTR250BADGE.jpg

Cheers,

Tom

Wow Tom, what Porsche colour is that?

Chris

Wow Tom, what Porsche colour is that?

Chris

1979 Guards Red

Indian Red is actually brighter, what I ordered but not what they put on. Very close in shade, I didn't know it wasn't Indian Red until I saw the container after the fact. Nonetheless, it's fabulous to my eyes and wins a prize whenever it vies for one.

GM has one too; I think it's called Flame Red. These colours will take your notice without your consent!

Cheers,

Tom

Just seen the Jaguar Imperial maroon and I agree with Stuart. I think this would look fantastic with all he TR4A chrome.

post-12736-0-98527800-1463000877_thumb.jpeg

Edited by cotswold