Triumph Survivors Display - IWE 2016

TRIUMPH SURVIVORS DISPLAY

TR REGISTER INTERNATIONAL, LINCOLN

15 - 17 JULY 2016

A Display of Original Unrestored Triumphs and Derivatives

Following the very successful Triumph Survivor Display at Malvern in 2015 which saw the largest collection of original unrestored Triumphs and derivatives ever gathered in one place (see http://www.tr-register.co.uk/article/2015/08/0024/Results-of-the-Inaugural-Penrite-Survivors-Cup ), the TR Register, in partnership with Penrite, is pleased to announce the return of Triumph Survivor Display at the International Weekend at Lincoln. The aim is to be even bigger and more successful than Malvern.

Watch any of the current classic car TV programmes or read a classic car magazine and they constantly refer to the term ‘Survivor’ and that original unrestrored cars are becoming very rare and should be preserved where possible, rather than restored.

So what is a Triumph ‘survivor’? A survivor is a car which is substantially original and unrestored from when it left the factory (e.g. original panels, paint, interior, engine etc) and the display will give members and the public an opportunity to see close up Triumphs and derivatives that have survived the ravages of time and have avoided restoration, some for over 50 years! More information can be found on the club’s website at this Link.

Why is a Triumph ‘survivor’ so special? Every original unrestored Triumph has a story to tell. An original unrestored car is a snapshot in time and offers a unique perspective and insight to how our cars were put together in the factory – warts and all. Original unrestored cars are immensely beneficial to those currently undertaking a restoration project, as Triumph Survivors are the most accurate cars from which historical and technical reference can be gained.

So, if you own a Triumph or a Derivative ‘Survivor’ and would like to be part of the Triumph Survivor display at Lincoln then please contact me for a Car Information Sheet: email TriumphSurvivor@gmail.com

Regards

Andrew

TRR Triumph Survivor Coordinator

Edited by Andrew Smith

Best get hold of whoever bought that unrestored white TR4 for £23K this week then Andrew.

Stuart.

Good to hear from Andrew that the Survivors line up will include any Triumph and Standard cars, and not just TRs and derivatives . . . . . .

With all the clubs present on the Sunday, that should make for a more interesting display than the TR concours ! :D

Cheers

Alec

Good to hear from Andrew that the Survivors line up will include any Triumph and Standard cars, and not just TRs and derivatives . . . . . .

With all the clubs present on the Sunday, that should make for a more interesting display than the TR concours ! :D

Cheers

Alec

Alec,

You know it makes sense...............

Cheers

Andrew

Stuart,

Yes, I had details of that car but can't find them - can you help?

Cheers

Andrew

From the description now up on the 4/4a section of the forum its not as described more as found. :(

Stuart.

I have a question. About survivors, how does one, if required, prove that the car has original panels, parts and paint etc do you need a service history etc? I have a tr7 that has loads of provenance but at an early stage in its life had a front end bash, it was repaired with original parts and Paint I have all of the bills to prove this would this qualify as a survivor.?

I have a question. About survivors, how does one, if required, prove that the car has original panels, parts and paint etc do you need a service history etc? I have a tr7 that has loads of provenance but at an early stage in its life had a front end bash, it was repaired with original parts and Paint I have all of the bills to prove this would this qualify as a survivor.?

Andrew is on Holidays at the moment and may not have an Internet Connection or maybe too busy Sunning Himself,best await his return for an answer.

For me yes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I answered this question by email on 27 March, unless there are two TR7s with a front end repair and a respray.

If not, please email me on triumphsurvivor@gmail.com

Niall,

Yep, bronzed! B)

Regards

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Did you receive my application Andrew. (BGC 106G) ?

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

Hi Harry,

Yes, I did - apologies, I thought it came via the on-line booking form in which case you would have received an automated reply.

Regards

Andrew