In-line Fuel Filter and Cleaning Fuel Tank

Tom

To save me fumbling about trying to post a link search "spring snap storage clips" on Ebay.

They secure with one central screw at the base and are open faced.

I know they used to be called something else.

As a kid when I was mad on fishing I had all my fishing rods secured to my bedroom wall with these.

Cheers

Steve

Tom

Just remembered, still have some old fishing gear in one of my outbuildings. They are a bit dusty but you will get the idea.

Cheers

Steve

post-13767-0-50932700-1455728083_thumb.jpg

+1 I was also going to inform that they are called "Terry Clips", they are generally chrome plated.

Used for holding something (loosely) to a wall or similar surface, e.g. snooker cues to a wall etc.

Bob.

OMGG!!

.They are not used to clamp the fuel pipe to the filter!

They are used to hold the filter securely in place when mounted in the engine bay.!

S

Read my post again.

I was responding to Stuarts post re mounting filters

Edited by Stevecross

I used a couple of these to mount my plastic fuel filter to the side of the engine bay. One either side of the central seam. They came from Screwfix and are about 40mm dia.

Rgds Ian

Edited by Ian Vincent

Hi Bob,

it's not your average road car filter . . . . if you want something that will accept high pressure injection, flow vast quantities of fuel, and is bombproof . . . . then you have to pay for it.

Sytec filters are expensive, agreed, but they do exactly what it says on the tin, they're beautifully made, and they don't fail.

In other words, you do get what you're paying for.

Cheers

Alec

It was purely to show the clip rather than the bling filter - but Bob, your'e sounding like a Yorkshireman ! Ow Much !

A question

is there a way of safely flushing the tank in site.

It was fully emptied when I set to remove the carbs, just wondered if there was a method for say:

• spraying the inner tank with fuel or WD40
  • flushing through with the car turning over (still no carbs/spark)
  • repeat
  • ?