TR6 Wiring help please

Nearly finished wiring my '69 TR6 but have a couple of issues I cannot find answers too and would appreciate if any one could help please.

1)I have a brown wire near the alternator which I cannot trace where it goes .

2)There is a double white near the fuse box with a longer than usual clear outer sleeve,there is already a single white to the fuse box .

I have attached a picture.

Cheers

post-8888-0-76603000-1446907901_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stickybun

Thanks Roger have this diagram.

Have looked at alternator but cannot see any more terminals to connect it to ,its a thin brown wire not one of the thicker type ones.

Should the double white go to the fuse also?

Cheers

post-8888-0-80034200-1446910934_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stickybun

I don't remember seeing a ballast resistor on my 69' TR6, but that doesn't mean that is correct. Is that a new loom or the original as a 69' TR6 will be a different loom to any others. For one there is no inertia switch for the fuel! Near the fuse box is a double spade connector that if I can remember correctly doesn't go anywhere, but there are wires going to it. Please bear in mind I am trying to remember as our 69' TR6 was stolen in 2008! I believe those diagrams are for non PI TR's.

Cheers John

Edited by John390

Nearly finished wiring my '69 TR6 but have a couple of issues I cannot find answers too and would appreciate if any one could help please.

1)I have a brown wire near the alternator which I cannot trace where it goes .

2)There is a double white near the fuse box with a longer than usual clear outer sleeve,there is already a single white to the fuse box .

I have attached a picture.

Cheers

What loom are you using - Is it new and who did it come from - any part number? You need 308796 for TR6 RHD 69 model PI upto CP50000

http://www.autosparks.co.uk/finder

The ceramic thing attached to the side of your coil is a ballast resistor used on saloon Triumphs, which for my money was not fitted as a separate item on a '69 model (nor any other TR) so should not be there unless you are rewiring the rest of the car to suit it. The Ballast resistor for the 6v coil WAS introduced at '73 ish and was a pink wire buried in the loom. (Looms RKC571 & RKC572 for late PI cars)

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Hi John& Peter,

It is a new loom a purchased at the IW fron TRGB I did specify it was a '69 car and have binned the bag with the code on.

I have just purchased the Luminition coil to go with Optronic ignition ,I spoke with the manufacturers directly and said this was the correct set up with the ballast resistor.

Thanks

Lee

Hello Lee,

Your double white wire I'm quite certain connects to the fuse box. It should be connected to the terminal common with the single wire you already have connected.

Richard.

Will give it a go but what threw me was the extra long outer plastic cover on it

Cheers

Lee

Will give it a go but what threw me was the extra long outer plastic cover on it

Cheers

Lee

The cover (insulator) doesn't look particularly long to me, you'll have to push it further up the cables until it's flush with the female spade before connecting to the fuse box.

I notice you only have one brown wire feeding the fuse box, I have three brown wires, it's a late 1972 CP, does anyone know if that's correct (car still in bits but I've fitted the new loom) ?

Richard.