Cigar Lighter

• 3 months later...

Ignoring the mount and strange design (though I've not seen it in the flesh), this unit from Maplins http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-motorbike-usb-charger-2-port-n73dp suggests a range of potentially useful features such as.

Voltage protection makes sure there is enough power left to start the motorbike.
Artificial intelligence loading detection ability so it only draws power if a device is connected
Delay Charger’s Power On And Off Make sure there are enough stable voltage, protect the devices. LED Indication

Are these genuinely useful for a TR application?

Paul,

did that double unit get fitted and were there any size problems?

Paul

We've gone for a 'Hidden int he glove box' solution. Found a really cool double socket with a volt meter in it too.

The volt meter acts as a handy light in the glove box. It is also useful as we have alternator conversion now and it gives us a voltage reading.

Our amp gauge is just a gauge now not really telling us that much.

The aux socket has 2 usb ports and a 12v cigar socket.

I paid £6.99 for it on eBay. I bought 2 as I used the second mounting plat to provide a backing plate so there was a plate each side of the card glovebox to add rigidity. So it cost me £14 all in.

You can see it here and some solutions from others as well as a couple of wiring diagrams.

http://tr4a.weebly.com/tr4a-cigar-lighter-and-aux.html