Hello All, I hope this is not one of these posts that sends me into deep depression, here goes...............

When I bought my 4A 12 years ago the door gaps were perfect , since then some of you may recall I had a problem with my chassis where the TA bolts pulled through on the nearside, the repairs were carried out by CTM with the body on. This was a number of years ago, the door gap on the nearside is now a little excessive, I had to pad out the door catch on the body by 6mm to allow the door toclose smoothly, and now the door closes but it is unsightly. Now the question, the body was right once, is it just a case of putting some washers between the body and the chassis to 'close' the body up on the nearside, or is something far more dramatic, and expensive, required. And secondly, are there any recommendations of bodyshops in the north, as always, thank you for the advice, cheers, Andrew

It does sound as if a good look at the chassis is due, especially in the area of the trailing arm sections and the "T" shirt area and also the rear body mounts.

Stuart.

The trick is to anchor the body down just ahead of the rear wheels and then Jack up the rear end, This gives a fantastic extremely cheap fix. it lasts about as long as your first marriage, (in some cases)

Don't ask how I know.

Permanent fix is to get a new chassis.

Or you could trade up to a TR4, which doesn't have the problem.

I happen to have a TR4 for sale, but no part exchanges please.

Edited by pfenlon

The trick is to anchor the body down just ahead of the rear wheels and then Jack up the rear end, This gives a fantastic extremely cheap fix. it lasts about as long as your first marriage, (in some cases)

Don't ask how I know....

Yes.

Edited by Geko

Very familiar - check as suggested, but if you want a permanent solution (no interim 'fixes') and peace of mind, be resigned to...

call CTM again...

new chassis...

modest (relatively compared to some cars) bill to pay

and you will be good to go.