TR4 Fuse Box Recommendation Please

What is the reason for replacing it? Is the old one broken or have you installed extra equipment which needs more fuses?

Hi Dave

depends how you want to play it.

The original had a two fuse sytem. One fuse supplied by the ignition system and the other form the light circuit.

I went over board with an 8 fuse x 3 bank system - one powered by the ignition, pne powered by the lights and the third permanently 12v.

8 x fuse banks from www.vehiclewiringproduts.co.uk

Roger

Hi Rob,

A bit of both, it's just worn out, rusty and weak connections, plus I need to install a few additional bits.

Thanks Roger, Ian and Don, that should provide a future proof result.

Thanks one and all, I really appreciate your help.

All the best.

Dave.

...it's just worn out, rusty and weak connections, plus I need to install a few additional bits...

Adding more circuits is a good reason to upgrade a fuse panel. Rusty and weak, though, can probably be remedied to keep the original in service.

I can't find images of my fuse holder, but here are images of my original solenoid before and after blasting with baking soda. It's a gentle way to clean off corrosion. I use it with my small home portable sandblaster and my home compressor. I'll always keep original parts on the car before changing to any of the modern replacements.

i-tqppgXn-X2.jpg

i-n27r8Ht-X2.jpg

There are some options besides a straight replacement Dave. For instance, as I have fitted an alternator and no longer needed the dynamo control unit, I hid a fusebox inside the old casing to cater for some additional circuits. An alternative supplier of boxes to those already suggested is this company :

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/category/58

post-7865-0-04711500-1444420318_thumb.jpg

Edited by RobH