Tip - carpet set TR4-6 - slashed prices

While browsing for a new carpet set I found that Chart one automotive ebay store sells carpet sets TR4-6 for 65£ that is 1/3 of the usual suspects' price tag. They advertise those sets as made by Carelli "a leading manufacturer of auto carpets and covers " having depots in the UK and the US and provide worldwide shipping. Not all colors are available online though but money back guarantee if not happy. Assuming a wholesale price one can figure out what's the profit margin of the usual suppliers on those items...

I was down with one of my friends yesterday who used to do a lot of trimming and he had part of a carpet set from a similar price range and quite frankly any resemblance between that material and carpet was purely co-incidental. It was more like a thick felt stuck to a plastic membrane. The Hessian backed type of carpet isnt much better, ask Mike Ellis what he thought of a set he had like that.Though as its going in a convertible and going to get wet it probably wont matter too much.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

I've seen some of this company's products, for various cars - they've been around a good few years.

Modest calibre, carpet sets and covers alike, but reasonable enough overall. In terms of price, I'd rate the range as remarkably good value for a budget product.

If you're expecting a £300 quality carpet set for £65 you're always going to be disappointed . . . . but on the other hand, if you want something that looks reasonably respectable, and that can be replaced after a few soakings without breaking the bank, then you're unlikely to be disappointed.

Cheers

Alec

Hi

I`ve prchased a Carrelli carpet £64 Pounds just wanted a cheap carpet to tidy the car interia,I was very inpressed with the quality for the price

aspecialy compared to the carpet removed which I purchased 23 years ago,pile density is good and when folding back to give the grin test it

showed a good tight weave, and the carpet edging is well sawn to the carpet.

well happy for the price

regards Richard