TR Prices, 1988

Browsing through my history file this afternoon - retirement does have some benefits - I came across the attached stock list from Fortescue Garage Ltd. in Charminster, dated March 1988.

Although not a technical query, I thought that this may be of interest to some (particularly if you currently own one of the cars listed), only a few of them are still on the DVLA website.

What I found interesting was the price of the 'body off restorations' for 1988 and particularly the description of the Spitfire, you don't get honesty like that these days! Perhaps that is why the DVLA lists it as untaxed since 1987!

Regards Alan

post-11614-0-93587500-1439473882_thumb.jpg

Just shows its all about having fun and enjoyment and not investment!

At work a couple years ago I was look in through a sept 1990 edtion car magazine.

It must have been the top price bubble !

There was my tr6 72 cp car on the forecourt for 12950 pounds unrestored at tr bitz

When I purchased it in 03 I paid 8000 for it restored and the guy who sold it me is my friend and he was not make in a loss

so someone lost a pretty penny !

Needless to say advert now in history file .

Also look at the prices of the Merc and the Maser at the bottom of the ad - the Merc can now easily fetch over 100K..... :o

Should have bought the Elan too at £8.5K.

Stuart.