TR2/3/3A birth certificates/traces

TR2/3/3A build records.....I am pleased to announce that the service that I have run for 37 years can resume as the new owner of the TR 2/3/3A build records has kindly agreed to make the information available again, following the recent death of the previous owner.

The price has sadly had to be increased to £16, but it is still only one third that charged by Heritage at Gaydon. To get a typed build record of your TR2/3/3A post a £16 cheque payable to me at Marcle House, Brimfield, Ludlow, SY8 4NE, and include your TR's TS commission number and a stamped addressed envelope for the reply.It will take approx 4-6 weeks as they can only be done in batches, and the certificate will reveal the actual time/day of build, original colour of paint, trim and weather equipment and what options were originally fitted....also it will usually reveal the delivery destination.If you prefer to pay by direct bank credit, call me on 01584-711459 for details.

Bill Piggott

Bill is there any chance that those records would help to find the original reg no for my TR2

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Bill

Great news that the traces can continue.

Stuart

I have one of Bills traces for my 2 but it does not show the reg number. Shown are.....

Commision number

Type

Build date & time

Body shell number

Tyre size

Body colour

Trim colour and type

Hood/side curtains colour

Delivery destination

Other spec and equipment

Special notes

A note on the back of the trace explains that details are very limited prior to '54.

More info than given on my Heritage trace!

Les

Edited by Les

Dear Bill,

Would it be possible to receive a Heritage Certificate for my "know down kit" and Belgium assembled GT6 mk1? It's chassisnr 1KC54L. Or didn't they keep records for the overseas assembled cars?

Bye!

Niklas

No, sorry folks, but my build traces can't reveal original reg numbers as they are drawn from info that predates the car being registered...ie it was new ! Nor can I do anything that isn't a TR2/3/3A...all others have to go to the Gaydon chaps, Bill P.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...