The auld triangle goes jingle jangle...

Not that I can find any triangles in my 6, but recently on a trip home when I select 1st gear there is a 'jingle' type noise which stops when under way in 2nd 3rd and 4th.(i.e driving perfect if I didn't have to stop for traffic lights) thought it might be something to do with the thrust bearing but doesn't happen in other gears - all contributions welcome esp the funny ones - I'll need a good laugh if I have to shell out for expensive gearbox repairs!

Regards

Bren Fitz

Exhaust clamp to gearbox loose?

I go for that,every time I go away to a hotel it always seems to have access to the parking down a steep slope and consequently knocks the clamp askew and it then JINGLES.

Thanks Roger and Kiwifrog - all those have been checked out and considered 'not the issue', Peter's suggestion will get serious consideration as I thought the exhaust recently a bit noisy - tomorrow is Sat and will check this out, Niall's reference to 'looksie on Sunday' means that us members of the Triumph Classic Owners Club [TCOC] - the Irish Club forTriumph Cars will be having a meeting on Sunday at Weston Airport and more than likely 'driving'our cars somewhere round the highways and bye-ways of rural Ireland - as I said tomorrow is Saturday - will investigate and report herewith - Thanks for your contriubutions - the Forun is great - long live the Forum

regards

Bren Fitz

What's on Sunday Niall ?

Outa da loop a wee bit ;)

As a Group of Enthusiasts we have a Monthly Meeting on the last Sunday of the Month in Weston Aerodrome,your welcome to grace us with your presence although we might forget what you look like so don't be afraid to introduce yourself,see ya Sunday if she lets you out.

Update - had a look under car Sat evening - late! 10 pm - nothing out of place so decided to drive it this morning over to Weston for the meeting- surprise surprise jingle gone?? well almost - slight jingle as I turned into Weston - met Niall as I parked - another possibility starter motor/ring gear - will check it out during the week.

regards

Bren Fitz