TR6 speedo internals!

Hi All,

I've recently been running my TR6 engine, so have watching the miles more than usual ..

After a while I noticed that although the speed was showing ok, the miles were no longer being counted!

I thought I'd fixed this when it happened before.. One of the plastic pieces and small oval shaped sprung clips had dropped off..

Having taken the speedo back off again, I can see that these had dropped off - again!..

I've got these back in place again, as you can see in the photo.. But I'm wondering if there is another clip/small washer, or something else that "holds" these on? I can see the oval sprung clip has two holes as though you push it through then slide it along to secure it.. But it still seems to come off easily..

Hopefully someone else knows more about these internals than me!, and can say for certain..

I'd like to know how many miles I'm clocking up while running in the engine.. ;)

Thanks in advance for any help..

Richard

The only thing I can offer is that possibly the little keeper spring has gone a little flat. Maybe try to enhance the arch a little? I remember mine being mildly difficult to install

Ed

SDC12247a.JPG

The only thing I can offer is that possibly the little keeper spring has gone a little flat. Maybe try to enhance the arch a little? I remember mine being mildly difficult to install

Ed

SDC12247a.JPG

Nice website Ed you have

http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6%20TOC.html

Very useful

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

The sprung keeper should have a tiny "finger" which sticks out at 90°, & locates in a hole in the body. Make sure it has not broken off.

Bob.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies, and for the link.. I hadn't seen that before.

The photo posted by Ed was also very useful thanks.. It looks as though my keeper plate has worn so that the two 'halves' of the holes are almost the same so it easily pulls through! The finger mentioned by Bob is still there. Looks like thus going to be a regular problem unless I can get another plate.. Does anyone know where I could get one?

Cheers,

Richard

P.S. That is a very nice site Ed!