H2 means "H" for hump and "2" for double hump.

TR6 wheel is only H1

The hump is a little obstacle inside the wheel located close to the tire shoulder.

The tire shoulder is pressed to the outside of the rim by the inside air pressure.

The hump prevents the tire shoulder to pop into the wheel inside on high speed

cornering or/and poor air pressure in the wheel.

This ends up with a sudden loss of air and loss of grip on that wheel.

Required is such a hump on each side of the rim what is signed by "H2" on the wheel.

Since the 70s it is pretty normal so there it is not paid that attention on that marking on the rim.

In Germany no TÜV tester will let a car pass with tubeless but no "H2" if he notices that.

At Wikipedia or Google maybe a better explanation can be found what is worth to read

due to the reason that TR6 H1 wheels do not meet the requirements for tubeless

and there might be some danger to ignore that.

If somebody wants to take that little risk its up to him, but he should know about that.

Edited by TriumphV8

I find myself with a 3 sets of wheels/tyres for my 6.

Original steels with Michelin skinny tyres, revolution and KN minilites. The car is Sapphire blue.

In my opinion the best looking are the KN Minilites, however the original steels with correct spec tyres really do look the business,

This year I will run the minilites.

the revolution wheels which are finished in graphite and polished rims don't really look correct in my view, even though they are period.

Tom

Nice car as we know ;) did the car have the anti roll bar dealer fitted or option on order?

Thanks, Neil. The ARB is from a TR6 as '250s didn't come with them. I suppose 5s did? I don't think it was even offered as an option for the '250; I'll have to check the sales brochure.

Tom

The 5 did not it was an option and most get the towing eyes wrong.

Like this but straight on.

Stuart.

photo0783_zpsyaytkekv.jpg

My TR250 has an anti-roll bar fitted. Would this be the factory supplied one? It is different to the TR6 item.

TR250-012_zpsl4uf7x0v.jpg

Cheers

Graeme